They stated in shock. Floch carried erwin on his back onto the roof. Levi was about to hand Eren the syringe, but Levi pulled away.

Eren: Captain?

Levi gently lay Erwin down on the roof.

Levi: He's... still breathing.

Levi stood to his feet.

Levi: I'm using the injection... on Erwin.

Eren stood up instantly with tears in his eyes.

Eren: You said... you'd use it on Armin!

Levi stated into his eyes.

Levi: I'm reviving the one who can save humanity.

Mikasa readied her blades.

Levi: You guys... Do you have the faintest damn clue... what you're doing? It's Erwin... The Commander of the Scouts. And you're saying you want to watch him die. There's no time for this. Stay out of my way.

Eren reached forward and gripped the case as levi held on tightly.

Levi: Keep your emotions out of this.

Eren: Keep my... emotions out? Tell me... how come you didn't have over the syringe right away?!

Levi: Because I was considering the possibility that erwin was still alive.

Eren: You couldn't have known floch would drag the commander here! There's just no way you knew!

Levi: You're right, but... the fact that Erwin is here means I use it on him.

Eren's breath hitched as he gripped the box tighter and tried to pull it from Levi's hands. Levi responded by hitting him on the side of the face, sending him flying down the side of the roof. Mikasa gasped as she charged forwards with him blade out. She tackled him down onto his back and held her blade at his throat.

Floch: Hey!

Mikasa tried to get the box from him.

Levi: You should know as well as I do! Without Erwins' talent, humanity can't beat the Titans!

Floch: That's right, Mikasa! Let's stop with this madness already!

Mikasa turned and glared at floch, striking fear into his soul.

Eren: It's... no different if we... lose Armin.

Mikasa: Eren!

Eren: Hasn't it always been like that? He's the reason why we saved trost by plugging it with a rock. He revealed Annie's identity. It was Armin who came up with the idea of moving at night! The only reason we uncovered Reiner's hiding spot... and the only reason we defeated Bertholdt... was all because of Armin! The one who's gonna save humanity isn't me or the commander! It's Armin! Isn't that right, Mikasa?!

Mikasa fought back tears as he lifted up Levi's arm and slammed it down onto the roof.

Mikasa: Please give it to me!

Floch stepped closer.

Floch: The one who will save humanity... is commander Erwin...

Mikasa: Shut up!

Floch: I will not shut up. Don't think you're the only ones who had it tough! You might not know, but... on the other side of that wall, there's not a single living soldier. Everyone died when the beast Titan threw boulders at us. I watched a piece of rock hit Sargeant Langnar right in his face. He died instantly!

Mikasa gasped as her grip loosened.

Mikasa: Y-Y/n...?

Floch: I didn't think anyone could be saved... but commander Erwin was the only exception. He thought of a plan for us to bite back at the Titan. And we did! We were smashed to bits, just as planned. And I'm sure the last thing they felt... was fear. When I found the commander alive, I was about to finish him off. But... that's going easy on him. I thought to myself that he ought to taste more of this hell. And then... I understood. The only ones who can lay waste to the titans... Is a devil! And if I can bring back the devil, that must be my mission in life! That has to be why I survived like a coward when everyone else died! So stay out of his way!!