Dayvon planned to take her and August out when he got off of work to make up for it, but he wasn't sure if that was enough. He didn't mean for her to hear any of that. Holding her while she cried last night hurt his feelings, too.

"Yeah. I made breakfast. And he still has a fever-it's 102 now. Ma said she'll stop by with DayQuil and theraflu tea." She put her attention back on the last dread of his that needed to be twisted.

"Mama, look at me." Dayvon lowered his head in an effort to meet her eyes with a sad tone, but she made sure to keep her gaze on August's hair.

"You should eat. I don't want the food to get cold." She told him, then stood up from the tub. "August, go to the kitchen with daddy and I'll be there in a second, okay?" She helped him stand up as well.

"Okay mommy. I can have a kiss?" He asked, and she leaned over to kiss both of his cheeks with a smile on her face.

"Daddy, c'mon." August grabbed his hand to pull him up.

"Here I come. Let me talk to mommy real quick." He gestured with his head, and August huffed, but headed to the living room anyway.

Dayvon watched her distract herself by cleaning up the bathroom; putting away the things she'd used to do August's hair and the towel he used after he got out of the tub a while ago.

"Can you just tell me what I can do to fix it? I don't wanna leave the house with you mad at me Autumn." He grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him for a hug. She immediately laid her head down on his chest, not wanting him to see her crying.

"You didn't trust me enough to be alone with my son?" Her voice quivered a bit, and he sighed, holding her tighter.

"It wasn't that I ain't trust you, I was just nervous. You had just came back around and I ain't know what to expect. She made it seem like I was saying spy on y'all on somethin' and it wasn't like that at all. Then I stopped telling her that shit like two weeks ago, she only said it like that yesterday 'cause she was mad and knew you could hear her." He tried to explain.

"He's your son just as much as he is mine. I trust you. I'm sorry that you had to hear that ma. You know I wouldn't be saying or doing no fu shit behind yo' back." He rubbed her face, feeling her nod as she reached up to dry her tears.

"I'm sorry for crying." Her red eyes finally gazed up at him, and his smile returned.

"You ain't gotta apologize. I'm here to talk to you about anything, aight? Any reassurance you need, I got that." He tilted her head down to kiss her forehead at the same time her arms wrapped around him for a hug.

"I love you so much. Thank you."

"I love you." He said back, then leaned over to pick her up by her thighs, hoisting her up against his body.

He carried Autumn into the kitchen where August was now sitting on a barstool, impatiently waiting for one of them to fix his plate. The savory scent of bacon and sausage was practically making him drool.

"Why you carrying mommy like she a baby?" August looked at his dad with a goofy smile, watching Autumn be placed on her feet.

"She is my baby." Dayvon told him, and August's mouth formed an O shape.

"Wait-is that mean Jasmine not your girlfriend now?" August asked with incorrect grammar.

"Yeah. It's just me, you, and mommy now."

"Mommy your girlfriend again?" August pointed to Autumn, who was fixing both of them a plate.

"Well, I gotta ask her again. You gone help me plan it?" He sat down next to him, and August wasted no time to nod his head, earning a smile from Autumn.