Blood

Nick was woken by painful hunger cramps in his stomach. As he sat up in bed he woke Charlie who had been sleeping cuddled up next to him.

"Nick?" Charlie mumbled.

"Its fine, go back to sleep." Nick said as he got out of bed and went to the fridge. But when he opened the door he found no blood bottles, he had run out.

Nick could call the front desk and ask for a delivery of blood, there were thralls on call around the clock to cater to the students needs. But it was way too suspicious for him to ask for blood when he had a human in his apartment for that very purpose.

Another wave of hunger hit him and his fangs snapped out. Nick couldn't risk going back to bed. Lying next to a human for hours while hungry, there was no way he would resist feeding. Even if his instincts didn't take over while he was awake they would when he was asleep. In fact nick wasn't going to risk sleeping tonight even if it was in another room.

So he sat on the sofa with his laptop and headphones. Vampires didn't need that much sleep, he would just distract himself with binge watching marvel until breakfast.

But Charlie came out of the bedroom after half an hour he wanted to know why nick hadn't come back to bed and when he saw nicks half extended fangs he knew immediately what was wrong. Charlie walked over and offered nick his wrist.

"No way." Nick said as he paused the film and took of his headphones. 

"Would you prefer my neck?" Charlie asked pulling aside his collar and leaning forward.

"Get away!" Nick exclaimed. He jumped off the sofa and put several meters between them. Nick turned his face away so his fangs wouldn't be visible. He deliberately didn't look at Charlie, the smell of his blood and sound of his heartbeat was driving his hunger wild.

"Go back to the bedroom and don't come out until the morning." Nick snapped. He needed Charlie in another room, otherwise he was afraid that he was going to attack him, feed on him, almost kill him like the time at Harrys party. Charlie fled to the bedroom and nick thought he heard crying.

But nick didn't go into the bedroom, he didn't even dare talk to Charlie. He put his headphones on and turned the volume up as loud as possible, trying to drown out the voice in his head that was screaming at him to feed.

Nick didn't see Charlie again, he left as soon as the cafeteria opened and devoured several bottles of blood which satiated his hunger.

The morning lesson was on vampire biology and the teacher droned on about how some vampires developed the ability to compel humans, like hypnosis but more powerful.

But nick didn't listen to the lesson. He just sat with his head in his hands thinking about last night. The moment the lunch bell rang he ran back home.

Even before he opened the door nick smelled blood. He raced inside and found Charlie lying on the bathroom floor in a pool of blood, cut marks were on his arms and he had a razor in his hand.

Minuets later nick appeared in the school hospital holding a blood covered Charlie in his arms. The doctors made no comment as they treated the wounds and hooked him up to an IV.

Nick paced up and down, still covered in Charlies blood. This was all his fault, he should have known something was wrong. Nick had seen scars on Charlie before but had just assumed Ben had hurt him.

Charlie recovered pretty quickly and nick took him home after the doctors assured him it was fine. They didn't really care about the blood bags and were very dismissive.

The moment they were back home and alone nick turned to Charlie. "Char what happened?"

But Charlie wouldn't speak. Nick was distraught but Charlie just stood there, numb and unresponsive. 

"Tell me what happened?" Nick commanded. His voice sounded different, it was like the emotion had tapped into a power deep inside him.

"I cut myself." Charlie said. He seemed surprised at his confession, like the words had been involuntary.

"Why?" Nick demanded, using the same powerful tone of voice.

"You think I'm disgusting. You were starving and I offered and you wouldn't feed on me. You turned away in disgust. I'm disgusting." Tears spilled down his cheeks.

"No char I was afraid I would hurt you." Nick said, he put his hand on Charlies face and looked into his eyes. "Your beautiful."

Charlies shook his head as more tears spilled out. "I'm disgusting."

"No!" Nick felt the powerful voice return. "You are beautiful. say it." Nick ordered.

"I'm am beautiful."

"Believe it." Nick ordered, still looking into Charlies eyes.

"I believe it." Charlie said as a smile broke out across his face.

"Never cut yourself again." Nick ordered, using the voice one last time. Then he pulled Charlie into a hug as he felt tears of his own dropping into Charlies dark curls.