First day

Nick and Charlie were both emotionally exhausted, nick had just been dropped into hell and Charlie had been living it for months. Neither of them had much energy and settled down for an early night.

The next morning nick awoke to his alarm and dragged himself out of bed. After breakfast and a shower he looked in on Charlie.  "I need to go to school now. There's plenty of food in the kitchen and you can borrow any of my clothes you want."

Charlie just nodded. Nick almost said 'make yourself at home' But Charlie lived here too. He wasn't a guest he was a roommate. A roommate assigned by some psychotic elitist vampire society that had basically kidnapped Nick and literally kidnapped Charlie.

Nicks first day in the vampire academy was remarkably normal. It looked like any expensive boarding school, the classes were very small and the facility's grand.

Most of the lessons were the same, with only two notable exceptions. Vampire biology and Dracula studies. In the former they would be learning about their new biology and in the latter they would learn about the secret society and its founder.

Just before lunch Nick was summoned to the headteachers officer where another boy was waiting. The head was a tall pail woman with white blond hair and blood red lipstick that framed her fangs when she spoke.

"This is Ben. He was the previous owner of your blood bag and wishes to have it returned or disposed of." She gestured to the scowling boy.

"No!" Nick objected. "Your not going to do anything to him."

"It is my property." Ben objected.

"It was yours." The headteacher reminded him. She pulled up a file on her computer. "You sent it back because it passed out from malnutrition. You didn't specify what to do with it and ordered a new blood bag."

"I assumed it died." Ben muttered.

"Well if you didn't bother to ask if it was alive or dead, you cant ask for it back now." The headteacher decided. Ben stormed out and as nick was leaving the head said "I trust you will remember to feed it." She didn't even look up from her computer, it was just a passing remark, she didn't actually care what nick did to the human, nobody did.

As soon as the lunch bell rang nick hurried back to his room. He found Charlie cleaning the kitchen, having changed back into his grey scrubs for the dirty work.

Nick was too concerned for Smalltalk and just blurted it out. "They said you were malnourished. Did Ben starve you? I'm sorry for asking but I need to know if you need medical attention. ill find a way to get you a doctor."

Charlie was too ashamed to say so he wrote it down 'I didn't eat so he would stop feeding on me'.

"Have you eaten today?" Nick asked. Charlie shook his head. For the first time nick noticed how skinny Charlie was.

"Charlie I'm never going to feed on you, and I wont let anyone else."