Episode 3: CatNap's House

Throughout the past three weeks, the six Smiling Critters haven't heard word from DogDay. They gathered inside Bubba's house to discuss having a search party for DogDay. At least that was Crafty's idea. The other five critters have different opinions about DogDay's absence.

"You have nothing to worry about Crafty." Bubba reassured her first. "Maybe he's out looking for a job?"

"Yeah." Hoppy agreed. "I know I'm still looking for a job myself."

"I already have an online business going still." Bobby said nervously with sweat staining on the forehead of her fur. "Still getting clients." She then chuckled nervously.

Kickin shrugged. "I'm still looking for jobs on my part and I've gotten used to everything around Critter Valley." he reported. "At least that weirdo purple cat was helpful on that part."

The other critters nodded. They've all met CatNap before three weeks earlier. Weird cat as first impressions.

The critters were still having a train of thought as to where DogDay is and what he's doing (while Crafty is still worried about him) when they heard fast repetitive knocks on the door.

"Hey guys, it's me! Open up!" an excited voice called out.

The six Smiling Critters beamed up. They could recognize the excited voice of DogDay anywhere.

"I'll get the door!" Crafty offered as she stood up quickly and hurried towards the door. She opened the door and there stood DogDay with his tail wagging so fast. "DogDay!" Crafty cheered excitedly.

"Crafty!" DogDay squealed out excitedly. "It's so good to see you again!"

"Yeah!" Cafty agreed. "Come on in. Everyone's been wondering where you've been."

DogDay was surprised at the news. "They are?" he asked as he entered the house. Crafty nodded eagerly.

Crafty dragged DogDay towards the others and they all started asking questions at the same time. DogDay attempted to settle his friends down and explain everything, but his attempts were cut off with more questions.

Crafty heard DogDay struggling to calm the other critters down and decided to take action.

"EVERYONE!" Crafty yelled; catching the other critters' attention as all questions ceased. "DogDay is trying to talk! Let him speak!" She turns to DogDay with a beaming smile. "Go ahead DogDay."

There was now silence as the critters waited for DogDay's announcement. Their leader then cleared his throat.

"Thanks Crafty. Now the reason why we haven't gotten together to hang out to do the usual activities, and I actually have good news to tell you guys." DogDay announced. "I've been looking for a new job lately, and I found a new job!"

The critters were happy to hear the news and congratulated DogDay for the accomplishment of getting a new job. Hoppy even asked what DogDay's new job is.

"Well, I work at an arcade in a plaza out of the neighborhood." DogDay answers. "What I do is I hand out cards with different amounts of credit for critters to play arcade games. I would hand out prizes if a critter wins tickets and fix up any arcade machines that are broken; as well as some cleaning. They pay pretty well."

Kickin clapped his hands in excitement. "That is so cool!" he exclaimed. "I gotta go to that arcade then!"

The rest of the critters congratulated DogDay on his new job. They even started considering getting jobs themselves. Good thing they've got experience back in their old town.

"But let's not worry about that right now." Bobby chimed in. "We should celebrate DogDay's success in getting a job."

"And I got just the place for it!" DogDay piped up. "I had already told an old friend about my success in getting a new job on the phone before I arrived here. We both organized a celebration at his house. Well; he was reluctant, but I told him that you guys could give him a chance."