Episode 5: The Valley Maid

After a weekend of cosplaying as the Amazing Digital Circus cast, it was back to work on a Monday. It's the afternoon now. Hoppy is heading off to the gym as a gymnastics teacher, Bobby is at home hiring more artists for her secret shipping shrine, DogDay is heading off to the arcade, CatNap is at home waiting for his sleep therapy clients (though there aren't a lot), Kickin is with some new friends he made during the Amazing Digital Circus cosplay last weekend recording YouTube shorts for a living (it's something to keep him sane), Bubba is at home just reading, Crafty is still drawing commissions (at least that's what she told everyone) and Picky is at home still looking for a job.

While the Smiling Critters were lucky to get jobs after CatNap and DogDay did, Picky still has no luck. She applied for different retail jobs, but found no luck. She then applied for restaurants next. There was one that caught her eye; a maid cafe.

She's no CraftyCorn, but Picky thought being a maid was super cute. She blushed at the thought of even dressing up as one.

Picky looked up the job requirements. Looking back on the cooking she's done for the other critters, that would be perfect for a job. Picky applied for the job; sending in her resume and information required. Now all that's left is to wait.

She took out her phone and texted the news to her friends, then looked up the directions how to get there.

Picky thought to go in and see this maid cafe for herself as a customer; just to get a layout of the place.

Once she got the directions on her phone and booked for a reservation in half an hour, Picky grabbed her wallet and keys and headed out.

Meanwhile in Bubba's house Bubba was reading "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare. He loved Shakespeare's literature. He was thinking about setting up a play for the valley to participate in based on his favorite Shakespeare story "Romeo and Juliet", but it's more modern. He shared some ideas with a few critters just as interested in theater as he is when his phone rang; dragging the elephant out of his Shakespeare daze. He looked at his phone and saw it was Kickin calling.

Bubba groaned; wondering what Kickin could possibly want. He would ignore the call if he could, but Bubba let curiosity take over. He answered the call.

"Hello?" Bubba asked.

A split screen shows Bubba, Kickin and DogDay on the phone. It seems Kickin and DogDay are on a break if the two are on the call.

"Hey Bubba." Kickin greeted. "I also have DogDay on the call too."

"Hey Bubba." DogDay greeted with a wave.

"Listen guys, have you heard of a maid cafe?" Kickin asked.

DogDay and Bubba both shook their heads. "No, can't say I have." Bubba answered.

"I've been heading in and out of work many times, but have never seen a maid cafe." DogDay answered. "Is this about the text from Picky?"

"It is." Kickin answered. "She apparently applied for a job at some maid cafe," He then gave out a flirty kind of smile. "and you boys know what that means right~"

DogDay and Bubba blushed and blubbered out nonsense; much to Kickin's amusement. The chicken started chuckling.

"Alright settle down you feral freaks." Kickin smirked. "We can see those lovely ladies when we look up that maid cafe. We'll wait until you guys are done with work and head there. Well, see you there gentlemen."

Kickin ended the call, and Bubba and DogDay are still flabbergasted at Kickin's remark about the maids working.

Meanwhile after a bus ride Picky has made it to the maid cafe. It is a pink cafe with the sign above the door in fancy font. Picky looked at her phone, then back up at the cafe.