Chapter 1

Emily's Pov

"I am not going to ask him for help Kate. I don't need his help. I have raised our daughter by myself." I argued.

  "And you have done a very good job raising Ali. But, you need money. Plus, I'm sure that Zayn would have been glad to help you raise her if you had told him."  Kate replied.

  I wasn't going to admit that she was right. That's just who Zayn is. He looks tough but is actually a softie. I, however, chose not to believe this. So, when I found out I was pregnant, I broke up with him. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but I did not want to risk jeopardizing his career. So now, I am a single mom to my beautiful two year old, Aliana. She looks just like Zayn.

  "I know. That's why I didn't tell him. We were so young. He wasn't ready for kids."

  "Neither were you." Kate retorted "If you won't get his help for yourself, do it for Aliana."

  "Fine. "

  "Mummy?" I looked down at my babygirl.

  "Yes baby?"

  "I hungwy" She said.

  "Ok. How about I get you some cheerios. Then I have to go meet a friend. Sound good?" I ask her.

  "Yeah cheerios. I meet mumma's friend?"

  "Not this time babygirl. Maybe one day. Today you're going to stay with auntie Kate."

  "Okay." Aliana pouted.

  'You have to tell her someday' Kate mouthed to me.

  'Not today' I mouthed back.

  I got Ali her cheerios and sat her in front of the TV. I turned on Mickey Mouse and snuck out of the house while she was distracted.

  'Meet me at our old spot' I texted Zayn and then drove to the old diner.

  I sat down and ordered my usual (Chili Cheese fries). When I was halfway through, Zayn walked up and sat down at my table.

  "Long time, no see." He told me, a tired smile on his face.

  Despite us breaking up, Zayn and I left on good terms. We texted occasionally but I had never told him about Ali. We hadn't seen each other in person since I broke up with him.

  "Yeah." I replied, avoiding eye contact.

  "What's wrong?" Zayn asked, genuinely concerned.

  I didn't answer his question right away. Instead, I finished my fries, sighing when I finished them and could not stall any longer.

  "I need help."

  "With what? Are you ok? Is it bad?" he rushed out.

  I placed my hand on top of his to calm him down. 

End of chapter 1 :)