Volume 1 Chapter 5: Spices, Princes & Ogres?

Previously:
"We should head back, we'll talk more at your house. Is that okay with you?" He grabbed her hand and smiled gently. "After we help the kid you have my full attention tonight." They both ran into the distance.

Monroe and Zella were dropped off at his house. Nick avoided her eye contact which caused Zella to feel dejected. She walked towards the front door trying not to cry. They went inside and sat on the couch in painful silence. "Hey, he may just be in shock or something." She averted his eye contact as continued to stare at the carpet. "He's new at being a Grimm, so he doesn't know many hybrids. I'm sure he'll soon get over it." She looked over at him and held out her hand. He grabbed it gently. "I hope you are right. He may be my half brother. But he's all I have left." "You have me too." She smiled slightly at his comforting words. She leaned up against his arm. "Likewise, Monroe." He smiled.

Several days later:

Zella walked into a Exotic Spice & Tea Shop owned by the older brother of Robert. Their last name is Calvert and is quite famous amongst the Fuchsbau community. "Hey bro, I brought the Grimm as promised." The shop was closed so none of his customers would catch wind of their secret meeting. "Freddy, this is my coworker and friend Zella." She held out her hand and Freddy Woged only to see himself in the reflection of her eyes. He looked at her frightened but stood his ground. "I'm glad you are on our side. And Robbie has told me that you wanted to speak with me about something?" She nodded her head. "I need to buy more Wolfbane perfume and I'm wondering if you can help me with my little situation." She Woged and he jumped back in fear. "I'm a Norse Wesen called a Fenrir. I need something to help me keep my shifting in control. At least during the day. Since I can do this." She leaped into the air and a full grown wolf landed on the counter.

Zella heads over to her ex-boyfriend's luxury apartment to confront him about a few things. Sean opened the door for his flat only to see his ex-girlfriend. He groaned verbally and went to shut it on her face. But she grabbed the door with a transformed hand. His eyes went wide. She kicked the door open and snarled at his actions. He stumbled backwards and Woged. "I should have told you that I was a Wesen too. But a Zauberbiest and a BlutBad, it sounds like a bar joke." She slammed the door behind her and continued to walk towards him. His back hit the wall. She stopped walking and laughed out loud with a faint look of grief. "You know what's really painful? I still love you." She hung her head low. "It hurts to find out that your first true love is a prince of the very royal family that killed my entire Wesen family." His body turned to stone and his blood froze over. "You seem to not know what I'm talking about. My Wesen name is Zella Marx. And I'm the last Fenrir Wesen in the entire world." Her hazel brown eyes changed to scarlet red. He didn't know. He was just scared of her being a Grimm. He didn't want her to be killed by his family or used for terrible means. He tried to hide his concern and sorrow for her loss. But it slipped through the cracks due to him going into shock. Zella saw his reaction and stumbled backwards. "You didn't know?" He reached out but stopped himself. She turned around and continued to speak as her voice broke and cracked. "If you didn't know. Then why did you push me away? Were you not the one who hired those reapers? I thought you were the one who tried to kill me?" She turned around only to feel him rushing towards her. She didn't know how to react. He pulled her in a soul crushingly warm embrace. "I loved you, Zel. Why would I try and kill you? I still love you but it seems like my family has already discovered your existence. I tried to protect you but I guess I pushed you away. Caused only pain and suffering. I'm sorry." She clung to his fancy suit. "Why are you trying so hard to win the approval of the royal family?" He said bluntly,"I'm a bastard prince. I was exiled. I have no place to belong..." She muttered softly,"You idiot." She looked up into his eyes. "We are in the same boat. I'm half Grimm and half Wesen. My own kind hates my guts, on both sides. How about we stop fighting against each other and join sides?" He looked at her sideways. "What do you mean by that, Zel?" She pushed him off of her and she walked into his kitchen. He followed. "Instead of trying to become royalty, how about we demolish it entirely? I'm going to destroy that house of cards and corruption. How about you use Nick as an attack dog as the royals assume. And meanwhile I'm working with the resistance to crush the forces of the Black Claw infecting the big organizations in the world." She grabbed a secret bottle of booze she hid in one of the cabinets way back. She looked his way and smirked at his surprised expression. "I've been putting things together the last few years. After I fought off those reapers, that I thought you sent. If you still care about me then you'll at least hear me out." She poured both drinks. "First we need to kill my aunt before she can influence my half brother. He's relying on me for the most part regarding the Grimm stuff. Unfortunately he knows about my Wesen side. But once I save his life again, he'll definitely get over it. My stepmom is still alive unfortunately and she presumably has one of the keys. I know my dad died but I didn't find confirmation that she's dead. So we need to be careful." She leaned up against the counter. "You have contacts in the royal family and I have contacts in the Resistance. We'll both play our parts on either side. But behind the scenes we are both scheming to destroy both sides. Doesn't that sound like fun?" He walked towards her and then leaned in close as he whispered,"You are one naughty minx and chaotic troublemaker. One of the reasons I love you." She felt him kiss her forehead. "But we can't be together." She reached up and grabbed his loosened tie. "I know we can't but at least grant me one last kiss." She pulled him into a deep breath goodbye kiss. He pulled her in close and hugged her tightly.