WE REALLY NEED TO STOP MEETING LIKE THIS

Start from the beginning

She had on white shorts and a pastel pink t-shirt.

The last time I was here was during the party. I remember how I had avoided Malakai after our meeting in the kitchen. I had called a cab and left a few moments later because I was too mortified by our encounter. Also because there was something about him that just put me on edge. I didn't know what it was, but I guess for the next few weeks, I will get the chance to figure out if that is a bad or a good thing.

A soft sigh escaped my lips as I placed my backpack on the kitchen counter and reached for one of the menus that Sibahle placed on the counter.

"I am thinking maybe pizza but I know Khai doesn't like it that much", she said as she discarded the menu she was holding for a different one.

"I think we could just go with the grilled chicken? I will have the salad instead of the fries," I said holding up a Nando's franchise menu.

"But if I am being honest, I would really kill for a home cooked meal right," I added with a dramatic sigh.

"Well, Khai is usually the one who does the cooking around here and he is good. I am hopeless in that department. Maybe I could convince him to throw something together for us the next time you come over. He wouldn't mind." She replied as she reached for her phone to place our order.

"Khai, will you have a side of salad or fries?" Sibahle shouted in the general direction of the stairs. There was no response.

"Alright, I guess I will just decide for you then." She said as she proceeded to place the order.

"I need to use the bathroom", I said suddenly pressed.

"Ooh, use the one upstairs, the second door on your left at the end of the corridor. The one downstairs tends to flood," she said without looking up from her phone.

Did she say left or right, God knows I am terrible with directions. Plus, it didn't help that their house was this big. I hesitated to open the door before me as I looked at the other end of the corridor.

"Well, there is only one way to find out", I thought as I threw open the door and strode in.

I got no further into the room as I collided with something solid and wet.

I blinked rapidly as I took a couple of startled steps back.

There stood Weirdo with a surprised look on his face.

He was dressed in comfortable low hanging gray sweat pants and nothing else. There was sweat covering his torso as if he just finished an intense workout. My eyes seemed to have a mind of their own as they stayed glued to his defined abs and traveled up to his broad shoulders and thick neck before landing on the brown amused eyes. I averted my eyes quickly as if caught with my hands in a cookie jar.

"Hey Ariella," Malakai said so calmly as if this was the most normal encounter. I brought my eyes back to his face, my throat suddenly felt dry as if I would die if I didn't have water in the next few seconds. This was so unlike me to have nothing to say.

He folded his arms and cocked his head to the side as he continued to regard me with an amused smile. The action caused his biceps to flex and look more defined. Did it just get hot in here or what? I thought as my face continued to heat up even more.

"Ummh... I am looking for the bathroom," I managed to finally say as I took a look into the open door behind him. I could see gym equipment laid about the room, the kind that you see in those high end gyms from the looks of it.

"It's the next door," he said as he started walking in the opposite direction, still smiling.

I quickly went into the bathroom and stood staring at my flushed reflection in the mirror. Why is it always so chaotic every time we meet?