Volume 1 Chapter 1: A Grimm Awakening?

The sound of wolves howling in the distance as she ran through the forest. The crunching of leaves and twigs as she picked up the pace trying to get away from the wild beast. Its deep primal growls inched closer and closer to her as it was catching up. She could feel her heart beating in her neck and her veins were burning hot with adrenaline. The sound of her own breath and rapid beating pulse filled her ears and eventually blocked out all sound. She couldn't hear her death coming and the beast ripping out her heart.

Zella: "Tell us what you got, Zeke?" 

Zeke: "The 4th body found in the last month torn to shreds the same way. Robert said that we are one off from making a pentagram on the map."

Malek: "Which means we only have so much time before the last body drops. At least they made it easier for us. We have an area to search for the next kill spot."

Zella: "Where is the next area in Oregon?"

Robert walked over and had a map in his hand. Berkeley Park was circled in red. "That's a big area to catch the culprit in the act." Malek said, frustrated. "We'll go door to door and see if anyone in that area matches the description of the preferred target this sick bastard likes to kill. And then place them under police protection until we can track this guy down." Zella stated very seriously. They all looked at her with confidence.

Zella and her partner split up to cover more ground. The sound of the house she knocked on, the door took awhile to open. She kicked at the ground as she waited patiently for the person inside to come to the door. Then a very jolly person opened the door. But he was obviously really drunk. "Wow, you're pretty." She looked at him and held out her badge. "Are you the owner of the home, sir?" "An FBI Agent? Oh shit it's the cops, everyone bail!" He slammed the door and the sound of crashing and glass breaking filled her ears. She took a step back confused. She ran towards the back and saw several college kids running and vaulting over fences. She stopped outside one of the broken windows and pulled out her phone to call her partner. But then suddenly a girl tackled her to the ground and slashed her across the chest. She managed to kick her off but her steady breathing quickly turned into ragged and frightened breathing. The girl who attacked Zella screamed out once she looked into her eyes. Endlessly black like the void. She scrambled to her feet and ran away. Zella coughed out blood as she started to hyperventilate. "Calm down, I have to calm down." She grabbed her phone and dialed Malek's number.

Her eyes felt heavy but she managed to stay conscious until her partner arrived. He ran over and slid to a stop by her side. Worry consumed his heart for her and just after he called for an ambulance. She opened her eyes and they widened at the sight of his face transforming into something bird-like. But it was only a brief glimpse before she passed out.

Zella woke up in the hospital 2 weeks later. Her partner and her friends caught the culprit of their case and arrested the girl who attacked her unprompted. She was avenged but something about her was different. She got back her badge and the first time returning to the office. She halted to a stop in the middle of the floor on her way to her desk. Her eyes shook violently in fear at the sight of several of her colleague's faces and bodies transformed into beasts and creatures. She dropped her coffee and took a step back shaking violently in fear. "What's happening?" She heard footsteps approaching her and a hand grabbed her shoulder. She spun around and made eye contact with her friend and coworker Robert. Zella is 23 years old and got her job on this special team 2 years ago when she turned 21. She's a prodigy in the field and the youngest agent in her department. Fur covered Robert's face causing her to scream out in terror. His eyes dilated quickly at her endless black eyes peering into his soul. She sprinted towards the elevator to leave but she saw more of her co-workers transformed into leopards. She took a few steps back as she ran towards the director's office. Only to see in the window through the cracks in the blinds. He had a lions head. "Am I going crazy?" She backed up slowly as she heard,"Zella! Are you alright!?" It was her Partner's voice. She turned around saying,"Thank goodness, Malek. I need your help…" She turned around only to see his usually slicked back hair was now black feathers. His dark brown eyes were now glowing cyan eyes. She backed up against the wall trembling. He froze up at the sight of her pitch black eyes. He got out of his Woge and turned around only to see a bunch of Wesen staring at him and Zella with fear and anger. He looked back at her shaking violently. He scoffed annoyed. He reached out and put a hand on her shoulder. "Relax. I'm not going to hurt you. We are partners, right Zella?" She nodded her head. He was back to normal. "It seems like you have no idea what's happening. After all your parents died, right?" She nodded her head. "Alright. We'll speak to the chief together." He grabbed her hand and he glared daggers at everyone staring their way. They all left and went back to their job pretty quickly. Malek entered the office of the director. He was on the phone having an argument. But he looked over to see a very grave expression on his top agent Malek and hung up on the very bitter person. "Do you have a problem, Malek?" "Yes, sir. A very serious problem." He pushed his partner forward. "It's going to be alright. He's not going to hurt you." "Agent Burkhardt, what's wrong?" She was avoiding his eye contact. "What's up with her, Malek?" "She's a Grimm." The Director stood up and shifted instinctually. "WHAT!?" She looked up and screamed out in fear.