chapter twenty seven- another day

Начните с самого начала

I sit up in the bed, not even realizing that I was in Michigan. I take a look out the window and for the millionth time today.

The snow was plentiful, and there was more falling onto the covered ground.

From what I could see outside, there was a piece of land outside and a little bit farther back was the lake. It was covered in snow, you can't see a single piece of grass or ice.

I stretch my arms above my head, and holy shit did it ever feel good.

I walk over to the dresser and open my suitcase to unpack everything. I needed to get changed too, I didn't want to be in these mucky airport clothes any longer.

I grab my lululemon dance studio pants, and a comfortable hoodie to last me throughout the rest of the day.

I get my toiletry bag out of the suitcase as well, and luckily enough, I had my own bathroom.

I bring everything in there and brush my teeth.

I finally felt ready to go out into the house, and to get to know Quinn's family.

I first wanted to check in on him though.

I open my door and walk down the hall. I knock on his door softly and hear a tired 'come in'.

I open the door per his request and see him sitting at a desk in his room. He's on his laptop searching something up.

"Hi." I say to him.

He looks up and smiles at me.

"Hey, what's up?"

"You seem off." I sit on his bed and cross my legs.

He sighs and turns his chair to face me. "Jack and Luke keep bringing up Rachael."

"That's what brothers do unfortunately.." I make a straight face.

"Why do they have to be such assholes about it. They've had failed relationships too and I'm not making fun of them about it."

I take a moment to think about it.

"I don't know.. that's good that you are the bigger person."

"Let's just go and say hi to everyone." He says.

"That'll take your mind off of it." I get up and take his hands to go into the living room.

———

"Ah, the love birds are finally up from their nap I see.." Jack takes notice of us.

"Yes, yes we are." I confirm.

"Would you guys like a snack?" Ellen calls from the kitchen.

"I would love one." I say and walk over to the kitchen.

"I have some veggies with ranch, and if you want something sweet I have caramel cookies in the cabinet." She says.

I take a cucumber off of the plate she had set, and dip it in the ranch bowl.

"Maybe we could all go skating." Ellen suggests.

I get exited and look at the boys. They didn't hear their mom.

"That sounds awesome," I say. "I couldn't bring my skates though." My smile almost disappears.

"Oh no worries Gen, we have skates for you..." Ellen  responds.

"So do you play hockey?" She asks me.

"Uh- no I figure skate for UBC, although I grew up playing it with my brothers."

"That sounds amazing, and oh! Quinn told me that you had won a competition too." She smiles.

"Yes, it was a few hours away, so the drive was worth it I guess." I grab another cucumber and munch on it.

"Guys how does that sound? Skating later?" Ellen asks her sons.

"Yeah, just give me a few minutes to warm back up." Says Luke. "It's cold as balls in here.."

"Thank you for the snacks Ellen." I say as I get up from the island stool to go over to the boys.

"Come on," I grab Quinn's hand. "It'll be fun, I promise." I beg him.

"Okay let's go then."

—————————————————————————-
A/N

Sorry for this filler chapter. I wanted to give you Guys something because I haven't posted in a while.

I'm also kind of going through writers block so ideas are greatly appreciated!!!

Have a good day!!! Love y'all!

Also sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, I don't edit the chapters