He shivered in disgust at the thought.

"Where are you ladies going?" Theo asked. Draco watched Nott skirt his eyes in a long line down Pansy's exposed thigh.

"Party at the Hufflepuff's," Blackwood's husky voice replied.

"You're dressed like that for Hufflepuffs?" Blaise asked incredulously. Draco did not even bother to look over at his best friends' face. He was sure that it mirrored his own.

"We're hoping to scare the shit out of them," Onyx said, disconnecting from Blackwood and heading towards the door.

"It's working," Theo said, jumping up. "I'm definitely not gonna want to miss this."

Blaise and Draco watched as the four of them departed the common room. Draco sulked, knowing he was in for another night of drinking and Blaise-crying. It was an unspoken rule that, although it had been an entire week since the incidents of Hogsmeade, Draco and Blaise were not invited along to the party.

Blackwood had not looked Draco in the eye—not a single time—since he left her, sweaty and quaking against that alley wall.

Draco decided days ago that he did not care.

He was interrupted from his inner monologue of brooding when Blackwood's figure reappeared before them. She had walked back over to the couch and was now standing before them as a god—her hands on her hips and her eyes on Zabini alone.

"Aren't you coming?" she asked Blaise, her voice smooth and flirty.

Blaise grinned in relief, then looked over at his brooding blonde friend. Draco looked at Zabini as if he had gone mad—but eventually gathered his nerves and followed both him and Blackwood out of the portrait hole.

Draco had to commend Blackwood's ability to completely avoid eye contact. It must have taken some effort as she should have at least glimpsed him by then. But when they walked through the corridors packed tightly together, the three of them in a row against the walls, she did not look at him. Even when he slipped ahead of her to peak around a corner, she did not look at him. Even when he brushed the shoulder of his jacket against her arm, she didn't so much as breathe in his direction. When he opened the door to Hufflepuff House, staring at her as she walked through it and breezed right past him—still, Evangeline Blackwood was intent on ignoring his entire existence.

Draco resigned himself to the shadows, sitting in a far arm chair on the periphery of the Hufflepuff party. He watched Blackwood unabashedly, trying to solve some puzzle that he was sure was plastered on the fabric of her dress.

He had known all week that it was over. He rationalized with himself, convincing himself that he had tasted enough of her. He had only wanted a kiss, he reminded himself. One kiss, and he would be satisfied. Well—Draco thought as he watched Theo eat two Cheer brownies in one bite—he had gotten far more from her than a kiss. The catharsis had run its course. She would become a memory, just like he predicted.

If only she could have been a memory somewhere else.

"Why do they call him 'head master'?" Theo asked the party. "I'll tell you why. It's 'cause Dumble Daddy knew how to give that double-handed super sucker 9000."

"God rest his soul," Blackwood laughed.

"Fucking animal," Draco muttered under his breath. He knocked back a glass of firewhiskey, sucking on an ice cube. He rested his chin in his hand.

When he saw Blackwood lay her head onto Blaise's thigh, a new-found hatred burned in his heart. She was now choosing to lead Blaise on—to make the poor man dream of better first dates and more satisfactory shagging. Draco glared at the top of Blackwood's head, just visible over the back of the couch she was sprawled out on. He swallowed his lust and instead desperately listed off all of the reasons he hated her, raging silently to himself.