Chapter Two: Snow White in modern times

Days slipped away like sand through Eliz Benneth's fingers since she lost her job at Stellar Hub. The sting of rejection and the looming uncertainty of her future cast a shadow over her daily routine. The sun rose and set, indifferent to her struggles, and she found herself trapped in a cycle of anger and self-doubt.

One morning, as the city woke up around her, Eliz stirred in her apartment, the weight of unemployment heavy on her shoulders. She felt unmotivated, the once-clear path of her career now clouded by uncertainty.

Messages from her concerned family flooded her phone. Her mother's persistent calls and her sister Richel's worried texts sought answers Eliz wasn't ready to give. In a feeble attempt to shield them from her reality, she replied that she was unwell.

But reality has a way of catching up, and when her mother's call finally came through, Eliz reluctantly answered. The conversation quickly escalated into an emotional exchange. "Mom, I'm okay," she assured, but the truth lingered unspoken. The bills, mounting like shadows, pressed against her fragile composure.

"MOM!" Eliz cut her off, frustration and hurt punctuating her words. "Did you even care that I lost my job? Do you know what's happening in my life?"

"Eliz, let's talk about it at home. I'm busy right now," her mother dismissed, the weight of her own responsibilities evident in her voice. "Stop the drama."

The call ended abruptly, leaving Eliz alone with her tears. In that moment, she faced a choice – succumb to the pain or rise above it. With a deep breath, she decided to pull herself together. The drama needed to stop, she told herself.

A resolve settled within her. Yes, she had lost her job, but she was 29, armed with valuable work experience. Wiping away the tears, Eliz stared at her reflection in the mirror. A 5'6" tall woman with flowing black hair and eyes as dark as the night, she exuded strength despite her delicate appearance.

Colleagues had dubbed her "Snow White in modern times," a reflection of her beauty and composure even in the face of challenges. But Eliz was more than appearances. Strong-willed, bossy, and a force to be reckoned with, she embodied the essence of a modern woman – resilient and unyielding.

As she stood before the mirror, she resolved to turn the page. The city outside awaited her, and despite the setbacks, she knew she had the power to carve a new path. The search for a better job, a new beginning, would start today. Eliz Benneth, the modern-day Snow White, was ready to script her own destiny.