"How do you know that? And what did she say?" he asked, dread pooling in his heart as he had an inkling about what she would have said.

"It will happen tonight. The Dark Lord lies alone and friendless, abandoned by his followers. His servant has been chained these twelve years. Tonight, before midnight... the servant will break free and set out to rejoin his master. The Dark Lord will rise again with his servant's aid, greater and more terrible than ever he was. Tonight, before midnight, the servant will set out to rejoin his master."

The boy repeated mechanically, and the whole room stilled at those words as Dumbledore found himself stilled by those words.

"You and I both know what that means. The Dark Lord will rise again, more powerful than ever, and he will cause devastation once more, and you shall be helpless to do anything once more," the boy added as Dumbledore took his time processing what he had just heard.

"And I can assure you if you don't make a deal with me, giving me what I want. I shall have to make a very difficult choice," the boy cut in, and Dumbledore's head snapped towards the boy at those words.

He couldn't mean. Could he?

"Yes, then I believe I will have no other choice than to make a deal with the Dark Lord himself. Perhaps he would be more amicable to my demands after I tell him of your spy in his ranks," and the temperature of the whole room dropped at that as Dumbledore stared at the boy with a narrowed gaze, his hand inching to the elder wand.

"You would make a deal with the Dark Lord?" and the boy shrugged.

"I will do anything to get what I want, professor. Anything," the boy answered, and Albus gripped his wand as he questioned with a frown.

"And what exactly do you want?" he questioned, intrigued by what would push the by to go to such an extent. Silence enveloped the room before the boy finally answered his question, and Dumbledore found himself both surprised and hurt by the words that would come out of the boy's mouth as his grip on his wand loosened.

"Phoenix blood! I am in need of phoenix blood."

0000

DAPHNE GREENGRASS

The Greengrass heiress found herself staring at Crovus as they sat in his cell to discuss the day's proceedings. The case was entering a very dangerous part, and they had to establish a clear purpose behind his actions to have him acquitted of his charges.

Yet, the public support was turning. The people were beginning to realize that there was much more to his case than they had earlier realized. Yet this was also a double-edged sword. The remnants of Voldemort's followers who had escaped capture to this day now had a clear target for revenge, one they now hated more than even the boy who lived.

And while Harry Potter enjoyed the Ministry's protections, no such thing was afforded to Crovus, who even had no wand to defend himself. She had written to the Ministry to increase the security for him, yet she had yet to receive any response.

"You never told me how you managed to convince Dumbledore to accept your offer?" she questioned him as Crovus stopped folding the paper he had borrowed from her.

"I threatened him," he answered, and she was surprised by that answer as he looked up at her.

"You threatened him?" she confirmed once again. And he nodded as a small smile appeared on his lips.

"I had no other choice. Though he didn't know it at the time, the Dark Lord had long been suspicious of Professor Snape and was simply waiting for any mistake from the man to deal with him. The Dark Lord didn't simply wish to make a move, for he found him useful, given his mastery in Potion making, yet he never truly trusted him," and yet she still hadn't recovered from the initial shock.