𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Start from the beginning

"She totally did, dude." John b laughed answering JJ, as he fixed his white hat.

I went back to staring at the water in front of me. I let the breeze take away my worries about the DCS and everything that had been going on lately. Jb told me about the DCS, I was devastated. I'll do honestly anything and everything to help.

"Well, look who we have here." I looked up immediately. Pope was there, helping his dad cleaning. "We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." I joked, putting my hand over my mouth and my shoulder pretending to speak into a radio.

John b mimics static of a radio, only making me laugh more.

"I can't. My pop's got me on lockdown." Pope said. Looking at me giving me a smile, which I return with a grin, as he gives JJ and John b a glare.

He looked behind him. His dad was picking up some things when he noticed the boat we were on.

"Your dad's a pussy. Over." JJ joked copying my movements. He looked over at me as I tried not to laugh, putting my hand over my mouth.

"Oh, I heard that, you little bastard!" Heyward shouted, pointing at us as he came closer to us. He looked at me and smiled. Me and Kiara were his favourites. "Hello, Aria. How you doing kid?" His tone turned sweet.

"Good morning, Heyward! I'm doing fine! But we need your son." I say in a soft tone, smiling gently.

John b and JJ look at me rolling there eyes. Which I smirk at them. They were never his favorites, I always take advantage of that.

"Yeah, island rules." I stated, joking. "Day after a hurricane's a free day." I bite my lower lip as JJ gave me a 'shut up' look knowing he would burst out laughing any second. I shake my head at him pursing my lips.

"Who made that up?" It was too early for Heyward to deal with us kids.

"Pentagon, I think. We have security clearance, I have a card." I stood up and walked closer to the edge of the boat and put my hand on my jean shorts pocket pretending to look for the card. JJ got up and walked up to me and hit me in the back of the head, softly. "How the hell are you his favorite?" He whispered to me, shaking his head.

I shrug with a grin as I look up at pope who was shaking his head holding in his laughter biting his bottom lip.

"You think I'm stupid?" Heyward asked. JJ nodded. I immediately saw and hit him the same way he hit me.

"Okay, fuck, Aria what was that for?" He asked, pinching my cheek.

"You know what that was for."

"I'll do it tomorrow. I promise. Tomorrow." Pope said, looking at his dad.

"Hell no. You doin' it right now." Heyward stated angrily.

"Get in the boat." I whispered, pushing my bottom lip out.

"Make a run for it." JJ agreed, waving him to come on.

"Boy, if you get in that boat-" Heyward couldn't finish his sentence cause Pope was already jumping in the boat. "Bring your ass back up here!" He continued.

"I promise I'll do it tomorrow, Dad." Pope pleads as he nods to his dad.

Heyward shakes his head repeatedly. "You gon' clean shrimp, fish." he pauses as he points harshly at pope. "You'll clean your dirty ass room!" He shouts, dragging the broom in his other hand closer to him.

I put my face in JJ's shoulder blade to cover my loud laughter, which fails, horribly. JJ bursts out laughing as he wraps his arms around me, fake coughing to cover our laughs.