1

Warning this fic went way darker than I expected it to in some points where I almost couldn't write it as it felt wrong. if you are suffering with any type of domestic abuse this is not the fan fic for you. Please read this fan fiction with caution.

Buck's point of view

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Maybe someday you will learn you idiot, and remember to hand in your damn notice." Shan yells making me flinch and close my eyes, I don't want to hand in my notice but I love my fiancée to much to not do it. "D-Do I-I have to babe?" I ask him hoping he changes his mind, he grabs my throat throwing me into a the wall. "You better fucking do it Evan, I am tiered of you being gone 24 hours three days a week." He growls holding my throat, I gasp for even a small amount of air to enter my lungs. "O-Ok I will work m-my last shift then I will be done." I mange to choke out, Shan releases his grip dropping me to the floor, he gives me a rough kick to the abdomen telling me to enjoy my last shift him walking out.

I put on a long sleeve uniform and taking my concealer to cover the bruise on my neck, I grab the paper to quit the Lafd a tear falling down my cheek. I grab my bag and my keys and head to hopefully enjoy my last shift with the team. 

"Hey Buckaroo, how's" Hen asks, I grin at her, she gives me a hug I close my eyes from the bruises trying not to puke from them. "He's great, not sure when our wedding is yet though." I smile at her, knowing that he will get calmer when were married. "W-What do you have there?" I hold the papers to my chest hiding them from her. "Uh y-you will find out on a little bit, lets just enjoy this shift." I respond not wanting the risk of being talk out of it I have to do this for Shaun, he wants me at home. 

I walk up stairs to find Bobby and talk to him, I am really freaking tired not being able to sleep from Shaun wanting to fuck me all night. "H-Hey Bobby, can we talk in your office?" I yell out to him he gives me a worried look. "Uh yeah sure you can meet me in there Buck, I'll be in there in a minute." I give him a small grin and nod my head, I get into his office not daring to sit down. 

"Is everything ok Buck?" He asks me shutting the door and closing the blinds I hide the tear daring to fall down my cheek, wondering if I should just tell him or not. "Uh here, this will be my last shift with the Lafd." I choses not to bother him with it, I'm being dramatic he isn't a bad guy just rough. Bobby face scrunches looking at me to see the bags under my eyes, I turn my head away from him. "Is-what-Buck why are you quitting and why does it look like you have had barley any sleep?" He walks closer to me putting his hands on my shoulder causing me to stupidly flinch. 

"I-I'm f-fine Bobby it's not what you think I just was up late last night." I tell him forcing him to take the piece of paper. "What should I think it is Buck?" I walk out leaving him in the office worried, I'm fine he isn't that bad he's just insecure and scared that I'll leave him. "Hey guys." I softly say my throat sore. "Sounds like someone is getting sick, why are you wearing a long sleeve shirt it's 115 out Buck." Eddie jokes walking up and patting me on the back I let out a light hiss him hitting a bad bruise. "I uhm just cold I guess." I force out a laugh and return the pat. "Buck your sweating." Chimney looks at me worriedly.

"I am fine you guys relax ok, I'm gonna go get a few hours of sleep ok didn't sleep that well." I walk off to the bunks laying in the bed falling asleep right away. 

I feel a hand touch my leg causing me to tense up and my eyes to pop open. "Is everything at home ok Buck?" I hear Chimney ask me I gulp making sure to keep my arms hidden while pulling my sleeves down. "I'm fine, why doesn't anyone believe me I'm sorry that I'm leaving but I need a life." I say storming out of the bunks to see Shaun there and everyone talking to him I go into a different bunk room not wanting to see him at the moment. I lay back down going to sleep.

"Hey Buck your fiancée here come out and say hi." Hen yells into the bunk, I swallow my lump and head out. "Hey babe, sorry was just t-taking a nap." I say tensing up when he gives me a hug, I keep my arms down to the side and give him a half hearted kiss. "So did you hand in your notice?" He asks me everyone's eyes widen and Bobby looks down at his feet. "Y-Yeah I did my love today will be my last day like we talked about. "Ok good my love I have to get back to work I love you." He grabs my face I tense up again allowing the kiss to happen.

"Your leaving us?" Eddie growls out at me, tears building up in my eyes. "Uh y-yeah Shaun and I agreed t-that it would be best for me to be a stay at home dad when our kid is b-born." I say looking down at my feet. "H-Hey Bobby I think I'm just gonna go now ok." I say grabbing my things not realizing my sleeve was lightly pulled up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eddie's point of view

"Am I overthinking things or did I see a bruise on Buck's arm, and something seems off?" I say fearing the worse, Buck has been distance from everyone after the engagement and now he's quitting two weeks before their adoptive mother gives birth. "I don't k-know." Hen chokes out tears in her eyes. "I think he's doing worse than hitting Buck." Chimney mumbles out tears rolling down his cheeks. "What do you mean Chimney?" Bobby growls while Chimney sighs and sits on the chair. 

"W-When I walked off I went to go talk to Buck seeing he was off wearing a long sleeve, and that he hasn't allowed any of us at his and Shaun's place and other little things. I sat at the edge of the bed and very softly put m-my hand on his calf, he tensed up and froze he quit breath like he was expecting something he didn't want to happen." Chimney says tears running down his face, my face boiling and Hen's and Bobby standing there with horror. 

"What do we do?" Hen chokes out keeping her tears at bay but you can tell she hurting, that we all are for him. "T-There's nothing we can do, I can talk to Athena bring up the concerns but unless Buck comes out and asks there's nothing we can do, I am putting him on unpaid leave and explain to the chief what we think is happening." You can see Bobby clinch his body out of rage when the bell goes off.