"Long as you straight and this ain't driving you insane, that's all I care about. I wish we didn't have stories like this to relate to. I wish we related on a completely different scenario. Your mom ain't talk to you no other time, but she out the blue reaching out to you for a come up."

"She want me to reach out to my dad too, but the nigga on my do not fuck with list. He another one I would disgrace in that courtroom, his ass not innocent either. I can't sue one without the other, that's why I don't have the energy for this shit. Matter fact, let me light this shit up. Blunt in one hand, sage in another. You want to hit?" Zara asked as shit sparked up.

"No, I'm good."

Zara giggled, "more for me. Change the subject, how you and you're new dude."

"I'm not worried about him right now, I'm here for you. I would like for the two of you to meet. I need a reason to cook at home. It may be the last time I do in that house."

"Girl why, what happened?"

"Being there without her makes me feel like I'm in a museum in her memory. I want to downsize a little bit, but I don't want to let go. I want to look around with a realtor to get my own place."

"I'd love to give you some sisterly advice, but I don't think it's in me right now. Let me hit this a few more times and it might come to me." Zara laughed. "Seriously though, if your heart is giving you signs to move on, then do it. She going to be with you no matter where you go in life."

"I know, I don't understand why life be so damn difficult. How many times do I have to get dragged through this bitch?"

"You'll be fine. I'll help you move and everything. Let me know when you want to do this dinner, because I swear I'm going to be on my next trip to clear my mind from this shit. I'm thinking maybe Greece this time or Italy. I rather catch flights than feelings dealing with this bullshit going on."

"Let's do it this Friday, with or without him. I just want to have a good time at this point."

"Let me know what is on the menu and I'll compliment bringing a dish. Hopefully, this guy does show up. I would love to see who had you geeked and glowing when I last saw you. Why wouldn't he show?"

"Family ties, he's with his kids."

"Kids, like more than one? You sure he ain't still fucking with his baby moms?"

Chris

"Do you have to go?" Mika laid comfortably beside me in the bed.

It was early in the morning, our son hadn't even woken up yet. I planned on ending my time this week with my oldest two having already devoted my time to my newborn. Mika is one of those one who came into my life and made sure she ain't leaving. She's loyal and understanding, and there was a time before Savon where I contemplated if Mika was the one.

"I need to handle something today and maybe I'll be back tonight."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Mika placed her head on my chest. "You know I can't stand when you do that?"

My son was sprawled out at the end of the bed knocked out. Us being in the bed like this was innocent, maybe she was copping a couple feels but everything else was innocent.

"Come back tonight, play with Aeko, then you can play with me."

I laughed, "we can talk about that later. Remind me I need to tell you something."

"You're hear now, just tell me."

"I don't have time to explain and I rather Aeko not be in the middle. I promise, I'll tell you later."