The guard approached them when they were about to head to the lift.

"Oh, you're here, Ms. Karina. I tried calling your extension just now but you're no longer answering."

"I'm going out for lunch. Why?"

"A visitor of yours just came in," said the guard, pointing at the waiting area.

Karina cocked her head aside to peek and flinched at the sight of Heeseung sitting on the couch.

Oh my gosh! What is he doing here?

She can't explain why but she's not comfortable with the idea of him being in the office. One of the reasons is because her friends, who are all waiting for her to have a boyfriend, will surely tease her relentlessly. And another reason, unconsciously the main reason for her, is Winter. Although nothing romantic has been officially declared between them yet she still doesn't want to give Winter the wrong idea about Heeseung.

"What's the matter?" asked Giselle, noticing her friend's turmoil. She followed

Karina's line of sight and saw a slender guy already approaching them.

"Hey..." he said.

"Oh my gosh, a hottie." Yeonjun whispered.

"H-Heeseung, it's a surprise to see you here," said Karina.

"Sorry for coming here unannounced. I had a meeting just around the corner and thought of inviting you out for lunch."

"No worries. We were just about to go out anyway," said Kariba. She felt Giselle nudged her secretly. "Oh, by the way, these are my colleagues, Giselle and Yeonjun. Guys, this is Heeseung, my friend."

"Ahhh, it's a pleasure to meet you, Heeseung," said Giselle, stretching out her hand for a shake.

"We're all delighted to see you.." Yeonjun had a wide smile on his face.

"Pleasures all mine." Heeseung politely shook their hands.

Wanting to exit the area right away, Karina turned to Giselle and Yeonjun. "So, um, I guess I can't join you guys for lunch. I'lI see you guys later then."

Why don't we go all together?" asked Heeseung. "It'll be unkind for me to steal you away from your friends when you guys had already planned something."

"Yeah, we should go altogether, the more the merrier, right?" Giselle agreed right away. "Don't worry, we won't disturb you."

Karina shot Giselle a death glare before turning to Heeseung. "Are you sure you're comfortable with that?"

"Yeah, don't worry. As long as your friends don't bite then I don't mind."

Yeonjun laughed and playfully hit Heeseung's arm. "I like your sense of humor."

Karina mentally facepalmed herself, already regretting that she told Heeseung where she's working. She looked around the area to make sure that a certain individual isn't passing by at the moment. When she confirmed that the coast is clear she strode towards the elevator.

"Okay, let's go." Karina repeatedly pushed the elevator button. She needs to escape the area ASAP because it is where all the employees are passing by during lunch.

20...

19...

C'mon.. c'mon.. c'mon.. hurry up..

18...

Ding!

The lift opened on their floor and Karina hurried inside, making sure to stand beside the control panel so she could close the door right away. She was glad that everyone got in immediately.