Chapter 16 - The Truth Comes Out

Start from the beginning

She stared up at him with her eyebrows knitted together, unsure on what he was doing or going to do. He gave a small, reassuring smile, trying his best to show her that she didn't have to feel distrustful towards him.

"I'm sorry." He said, in a soft, heartfelt voice.

"What?"

"I'm sorry that I made you feel like your heart wasn't safe with me. I meant what I said back at the office. You were the only woman to ever compliment my show, without expecting more from me. You listened to my problems when you barely knew me. And it meant more to me than you will ever realize."

(Y/N) was quiet as tears flowed down her cheeks like waterfalls. It wasn't a picturesque sight but Jesse didn't mind. He just giggled as he swiped them away, smiling down at her in the most genuine way he could.

"You really are something special, (Y/N) (L/N)."

This only seemed to cause the tears to stream out more and soon some sobs began to escape. Jesse continued to giggle as he wiped them away once more then handed her a hanky, which she gratefully took.

"Geez, (Y/N). When I imagined making you cry, I was certain it would be out of pleasure."

She gasped at Jesse's crude statement, her tears disappearing almost immediately. She gazed up at him in utter shock while he merely looked down at her from the corner of his eye, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"Jesse Rabbit!" She shrieked, only making him chuckle in response.

She went to playfully smack him but everything was halted when they heard footsteps sneaking closer their way. (Y/N) gasped in fear but Jesse was quick to pull her behind one corner and out of view. He held her close, both out of comfort and protection, as he pulled a gun from with his jacket, waiting for the unknown fiend to show themselves.

It wasn't long before a head popped out from a pathway across from them. Both peeked out from their hiding spot to see who it was, holding their breaths as they prepared for the worst.

"Eddie!" (Y/N) yelled out, relief taking over as she dashed over to him, wrapping her arms around him as tightly as she could.

"(Y/N)!" He exclaimed, hugging her back.

He was so glad she was safe, with not even a scratch on her. They were so busy reuniting, with Eddie worrying over her, that they hadn't realized the gun that had been pointed right at them.

"Valiant!" Jesse called out as he aimed his gun.

(Y/N) stared at him in confusion, hoping this wasn't the part where her heart got her and her best friend killed, while Eddie simply sighed out, "I always knew I'd get it in Toon Town."

"Behind you!"

With that, Jesse pulled the trigger and a bullet flew past Eddie and hit a shadowy figure that was behind him and (Y/N). It dropped the gun it was holding and retreated while Eddie aimed his Toon gun at Jesse.

The handsome Toon surrendered immediately, raising his hands above his head while (Y/N) slowly started sinking to the floor. She wasn't cut out for so much violence and danger. It started to dawn on her how much she missed taking calls and sorting files back at the office.

"You doing okay, Doll?" Jesse asked as he watched her become a trembling puddle on the floor, slightly smiling at her reaction.

He truly loved seeing her genuine reactions. They were simply adorable and he could watch her do such things all day.

"F-Fine. B-But I'm s-starting to miss the s-safety of the office."

"You don't get to talk to her, Bunny Boy." Eddie angrily chimed in.