Chapter 24

•Demi•

I couldn't express how much joy I had because she was awake. I was sobbing so hard that my body shook.

"I thought I lost you" I mumbled finally composing myself. She shook her head
"You will never loose me mommy".

I smiled and realized her from the hug and she instantly fell onto the bed. I saw Cameron instantly panic.

"I can't feel, Why can't I feel?!" She said pushing her arms trying to sit up but kept failing. A doctor sadly sighed as I looked at him hoping he wouldn't say what I was thinking.

"I'm sorry but Cameron is paralyzed from the waist down we expect her to feel again but not anytime soon".

Cameron was still trying to sit up but the doctor eventually calmed her down.

"What does paralyzed mean?" She asked me, her voice squeaking.

"It means you can't move babygirl, right now you can't move anything from here down" I explained softly pointing to to her waist.

She wiped her tears kept falling. A look of realization hit her face and she then said "Wilmer did this to me mommy, he did this to me ITS ALL HIS FAULT!" She screamed in anger.

~

I wheeled Cameron out the hospital as she quietly played with her band aids.

"Hey guess what?".

She shrugged.

"There's a big surprise waiting for you at home" I happily said.

I saw a bright smile form on her lips.

"What is it?" she squealed.

"Your just gonna have to wait and see".

She groaned in annoyance. I've told everybody about Lucas already and of course Marissa was the first over to my house and she volunteered to babysit while I went to see Cameron.

Once we got to my car I picked Cameron up and placing her in the seat then about to strap her in but she stopped me.

"I can do that myself my arms work you know!" She snapped out of nowhere. I put my arms up in defense and picked up her wheel chair and folding it and placing it in my trunk.

I got in the drivers seat buckling in and taking a deep breathe and whispering a silent prayer. Ever since the crash I haven't been so easy with cars. After the prayer I sped out the hospital parking lot.

~

Once we got home I put Cameron in her wheel chair and wheeled her inside. I put my keys in the door unlocking it and then opening the door to see Marissa rocking Lucas.

"A baby!" Cameron squealed as Mar jumped frightened.

"Roll me over there mommy please!".

I rolled her towards Mar and she squealed and then said "Aunty Mar when did you have a baby!".

"Uh the baby isn't mine it's your mommy's" said Marisa looking like she just had a heart attack.

"How come you didn't tell me mommy! And how come you didn't have big belly like all those other mommy's that have babies?" She rambled on and on.

"Woah Woah calm down, it's was a surprise actually I didn't know I had a baby in my belly and then he just appeared" I said skipping the gruesome details that caused me to shiver thinking about.

"I'm not four I know we're babies come from!" She said in a duh tone as mine and Mar's mouths fell. Cameron giggled slightly, but I didn't bother to ask how she knew.

"Can I hold him?" she asked holding her arms out as Mar carefully placed Lucas in her arms.

She smirked slightly as she looked adoringly at the baby. I then took a picture of Cameron holding Lucas and then took a deep breathe posting it on Instagram with the caption.

DDlovato: My baby girl and boy, Love them💕

Instantly my comments blew up and likes. There were a bunch of questions and people assuming random things but half of them were right. I haven't even introduced Cameron to them yet let alone Lucas.

"Mommy what's his name?" Cameron asked.

"Lucas".

She grinned ear to ear and then said "Hi Lucas".

Lucas smiled a little but then quickly falling back to sleep.

A yawn escaped Cameron's mouth and she soon said "I'm tired".

I nodded "Me too, let's take a little nap eh?".

She nodded and Mar soon said "I'll watch him and let you to sleep it's been a long day I can see" she said eyeing me and Cameron. I nodded and realizing I can't take the wheel chair upstairs with Cameron in it.

I picked up Cameron's small body and carried her up the steps into my room and getting one of my shirt and stripping her out her clothes and then slipping my shirt on her.

Cameron sighed as she stared up at the wall, while laying down.

I got in bed and pulling up the blankets over both of us.

I wrapped my arms around Cameron as she stayed in the same position obviously.

"Mommy?".

"Yea Babygirl" I replied.

"Will I ever walk again?".

"Yes you will" I replied confident.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Pinkie promise".

_____

Drama in next chapter! Be ready😏