7 - Tingling Spark

After we leave Primes office, we set off, walking in complete silence, probably from the awkward conversation about fertility with Optimus. Crosshairs has been acting a lot differently, though, since my first sleep within base territory. Besides the point there, I think I'm starting to get used to the nearly constant gunfire and explosions outside. As off-putting as it is, it's not much different from the constant death and suffering in the mesozoic.

Crosshairs: "Hey, pipsqueak. I've asked you about what you do in violence, but what's your actual opinion on it?"

Well, when it comes down to this question, along with that nickname, it makes me feel like violence is a good thing.

Leuci: "Have you forgotten my given name or something? But my answer to that question is that I think violence is a good thing if used in the right circumstances. For example, fighting over land or something else that is long-term.

Crosshairs: "If what you say is from the spark, then that'd a fair enough opinion, Leuci."

Seems like I was approved there. And he didn't forget my given name which is a relief since I have a lot to learn in this new century of civilization with hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of life forms on this 'modern Earth'.

Crosshairs: "Right, so about your next sleep here. How'd ya' feel if you slept within the base?

What a weird way to cut the awkward silence again.

Leuci: "What do you mean? Isn't the place I slept in last night within the base?"

Crosshairs: "Well, yes, but I meant in the building."

Why on Earth would I do that? It'll be so uncomfortable and have a lack of ambience.

Crosshairs: "Trust me, it isn't as bad as you think. There's remains of when past humans had explored the place with spare blankets and pillows. Make yourself something small n' sleep."

Humans? Humans used to live here temporarily, which means there might be food there, too. I have to take that chance."

Leuci: "Can you take me there so I can see the place you're talking about?"

Crosshairs: "Would be my pleasure."

With that, I was led to a quieter part of the base with a noticeable change in temperature. Probably due to the lack of visits this place gets.
There is a pile of blankets in the crevice of the wall that seems big enough for my troodon form.

Leuci: "This looks nice.."

Crosshairs: "Ah, I know, right? Bee decorated it since he is on the smaller side and more intricate with work with humans."

I suppose I'll be staying here for the rest of my life if they decide to take me in. I'm not mad or happy about things, I could say I miss the nature however I think Crosshairs is just trying to keep me safe from being unnoticed by someone who may possibly be a threat to my or the autobots life.

Crosshairs: "Obviously, if you want to go outside for food and water, you can but no further than that. The decepticons are constantly after us for the allspark so that they can revive their group and get stronger."

Leuci: "Alright, thank you. That clears it up for what I was away to ask then."

Crosshairs: "So, give the bed a whirl. See how ya' like it."

No choice here? I swear if they don't stop treating me like someone who is not responsible with their own decisions, I might just sleep outside anyway.
I tap the side of my helm to fight a smallish transformation. Troodon or compsognathus sounds good. I tap compsognathus and transform to the side of a literal ant to Crosshairs.

Crosshairs: "Wow, that is.. The smallest thing I've even seen in my life and it hasn't flew or ran away during my time on this unpleasant Earth vacation.." visibly amused.

I tip toe to the bed and attempt to jump up, kicking my feet against the wall a few times to rest on the pillows and blankets. Oh dear..

Crosshairs begins to approach the little comfy cave of safeness and lends his hand out to me. Then, he began to pet my head with his large finger that was probably the same size as my body itself. This is genuinely not the most uncomfortable thing ever, but it is weird, I'll say that. I slowly get used to the pressure that he mends to make sure that I don't get crushed. I can even speak when I'm like this. I can just close my eyes.

Yeah, and just as I thought this could get more weird, I was just starring making some weird purring sound at the bottom of my throat. Natural reflexes suck.

Crosshairs: "Aww... little kitty ca-"

Drift enters the scene, and Crosshairs takes hid hand away from me. Thank goodness for that, considering I was away and called a cat. Which I have been told are felines, 4 legged furry things. Yeah, and I'm not fluffy, just some head feathers.

Drift: "Crosshairs. We need to go. Decepticons have bypassed the security wall." Glances at Leuci "and hello Leuci, but you have to stay here."

Fine by me. Just time to myself for once. I still can't speak since I'm in alt mode, so I just nod.

Crosshairs: "Alright, Leuci. Stay safe. I'll be back, and that's a promise."

He assured me he would come back alive, and I just have to take his word for it. I jump out the side off the wall and transform back so I can speak.

Leuci: "Promise?"

Crosshairs: "I mean what I say, Leuci. I'll live."

Leuci: "If you say so."

And with that, he and Drift left the spare room and to the autobot weaponry room. Out of my sight.

I begin to see other autobots rushing towards the weaponry room.

Was this my fault?