Chapter 5: Call it a truce

Bắt đầu từ đầu

... Or at least, that's what Connor made up in his head while she was still babbling on about how she had heard from some teacher that he had beaten up that asshole Tyde.

Yup, the true version of Ms. Schwartz was a disappointment all in all.

-"Well, Connor, I know you don't really plan on saying anything at first, but that's a bump we'll have to get past over, ok?"—she asked, raising her eyebrows, and then added—"If you aren't really interested in this therapy I understand; but you must know, if we don't get results eventually, chances are you might be sent to juvie, and then you wouldn't have all the liberty you have here."

That had gotten to the point.

Lisa pretty much stared daggers back at Connor, with a grin that seemed almost caring. But Connor knew better than that; she had just told him herself. Well, if he wasn't going to put an act for himself, at least he'd do one to keep his promise to Alexis. Connor readjusted himself on his seat, sighed heavily and then looked up to the woman.

-"... What do you want to know?"

-"Well, that's more like it."—Lisa said, smiling—"Please, Connor, I just want us to be... on the same page, ok? Believe me when I tell you that this is for your best interested."

Connor scoffed.

-"Yeah, right..."—he said.

-"Hey, come on, positive attitude! Ok? In this office, everyone is a glass-half-full!"

"Glass-half-full my ass," Connor thought.

-"So, I think it's best if we begin with the basic stuff... so, Connor, how about you tell me a bit about yourself?"

Connor sighed one more time. As he had suspected, this was the part where he drove all the therapists to tears.

-"Well I was born and raised in a travelling circus. My family did the trapeze, and I had been practicing since little. But I lost them to a terrible accident that happened one night, and I was left all alone. However, a kind man took me in after a while, he was a billionaire, and an orphan himself. But he kept secrets. I remember one day when I—"

-"Connor."—Lisa interrupted—"I know I may not look like it but I do enjoy myself a good comic book from time to time. I am familiar with the Graysons' story, and I am very proud fan of Batman and Robin. I suggest you start with something a little bit more credible, at least."

Connor grinned mockingly. Maybe there was more to her than what met the eye.

-"Well, truth be told my father was actually a prince."—he said then—"He is from a faraway country, in Europe, it's not very big. But it's still a monarchy. My mother was an art student in Los Angeles, and they met and fell in love, along came I. However, my father passed away, and his mother became queen regent at the passing of my grandfather, the then king. But my life was changed when one day she came to visit me and my mum and told me that—"

-"Connor."—Lisa said once again, with a tiny laugh from cute amusement—"Seriously? The Princess Diaries? Do you honestly think I have never seen that movie? It's a classic! Gotta love Anne Hathaway's work. Oh and Julie Andrews! My favorite, she's been in the best musicals of her time!"

Connor frowned. Usually, the therapists he was given to were a bit more... rash, when it came to cutting him off.

-"I am actually a traveler, I'm not from here. I come from a faraway town, were I lived in a lame excuse for a hospice home where the kids were starved daily. And, I came to the big city looking for opportunities, but I ran into a street gang led by this creepy old man, and they taught me how to pickpocket and—"