TWENTY SEVEN

Logan

"Have you confirmed everything for the gala?"

Sitting across from my boss, I nod.

"As of right now, yes." Looking down at the spreadsheet on my iPad, I make a couple of notes. "I've been in touch with every vendor. When it comes to the guest list, almost everyone has confirmed. Honestly— there's only six out of two hundred seats that remain unconfirmed."

Folding his hands over themselves, Aaron looks at me. "Logan, you have done outstanding work with this event."

"Thank you." Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, I look down at my lap to hide my smile.

"You should be immensely proud of yourself. What you've done for this museum, for the art and the history— it has been beyond incredible to see." His words are full of honesty as he looks at me. "I'm hoping that you'll stay with us because when I retire, there's only one person I'll recommend to fill my shoes when the time comes."

"I really don't know what to say." I laugh, the nerves creeping up and taking a hold of me. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be working, that much I do know. Being here has been a dream and it continues to be my dream."

Aaron smiles at me. "I've only got a couple more years in me, Logan. I know anything can happen between now and then— but just know, I'm on your team for whatever you need."

I smile, standing from my seat at the same time that he does, taking his outstretched hand. "Again, thank you."

"If it was up to Sandra I would have retired years ago." His eyes go to the picture of him and his wife that sits on his desk, one with their grandkids at Disney. "She's excited for the gala as well, I'll have you know."

Following him out into the hallway, I stop to talk with a few of my colleagues in the hall. We were about two months away from the night I worked tirelessly for. Having people who have donated not only their pieces from their personal collections, but also their money. Something we hope that they continue to do.

Putting together something like this wasn't easy, at all.

Every single detail has to be perfect— all the way down to the color of napkins that will be placed at each table setting.

It was a black tie affair, one that gave people the chance to dress up and spend their night listening to others make speeches as well as dance to a live band. A reason for some of the older donors to get out of their houses, a reason for them to look forward to something.

Only in the last week or so have I been able to breathe, all of my planning being locked into place. Every detail was finalized— including my own dress.

Making my way into my office, I feel a rush of heat on the apples of my cheeks as I think about the way Harry had me bent over my desk.

The way I answered the phone while he was seated deep inside of me.

God.

Even more than that, I think about our weekend at the lake house only two weeks ago.

How easy it was to be in love with him, to tell him.

I'll never know what I did to deserve Harry, but whatever it was— I'm thankful.

Everyone deserves to find the person that makes them
feel like the best version of themselves. For me it was the man with eyes of the softest green and curls that matched the espresso in my coffee.

With him I didn't ever have to wonder if I was doing the right thing, instead he made everything feel like it was right because we were together.

From the moment the situation changed from trying to get each other out of our systems and it morphed into something deeper, something real, there hasn't been someone who has pushed me and my ideas even farther than I thought they could go.