Chapter 4

December 9, 2002

It was around one o'clock in the morning. Harry was a little buzzed on the eggnog that Seamus brought to the DA movie night. They were all huddled together in Luna and Ginny's apartment. There were eight Gryffindors, four Hufflepuffs, six Ravenclaws, and two Slytherins.

About half of the group was asleep, the ones awake were talking, no one paying attention to the fourth Christmas movie playing that night. Harry sat, sharing a lap quilt with a sleeping Neville in front of the couch. Luna was braiding his hair as she chatted with Dean and Lily, one of the Slytherins.

Harry took a sip of his eggnog and cringed. "Merlin, Seamus, what did you put in here?" Harry asked.

"Oh, just two bottles of rum." Seamus shrugged, downing another cup without hesitation.

"You're mental," Hannah Abbott laughed, sipping at her (non-alcoholic) hot chocolate.

As Luna's hands ran through his hair, Harry's mind wandered to the events the night before. How Draco's hand felt running through his hair. Or how he cupped his cheek. Or how he smiled gently at him. Or how he would smirk when he made innuendos. Or how his nose would wrinkle when Harry said something stupid. Or how he walked with so much confidence and power even when people stared at his werewolf scars. Or how he talked to Teddy. Or how he watched a TV show meant for toddlers. Or how he made a special breakfast so Teddy can be happy. Or how he played in the snow like a child. Or how he was more concerned for his mother than himself.

"Is it gay if I want to top?" He asked without meaning to. Everyone stopped talking and looked at him. He blushed and cleared his throat. "Forget I said that." He muttered.

"Who do you want to top?" Ginny excitedly.

"Why is Ginny shouting?" Ron asked, just waking up.

"That's okay, Harry," Hermione said. "We will support you no matter what."

"Who is it?!" Ginny leaned forward, eyes wide.

"No one!" Harry said quickly. "Nothing! Watch the movie!" He folded his arms and stared at the screen, purposely ignoring the excitement around him.

"My money is on the new Auror that transferred from America!" Dean said.

"No way!" Seamus yelled. "It's probably some muggle he met on the street."

"Or it's someone from Hogwarts." Hermione said, rubbing her chin in thought.

"Erg- Cormac McLaggen?"

"William Parker?"

"Noah Scrubb?"

"Joseph Johnson?"

"Henry Day?"

"Theodore Nott?"

"Danny Phillips?"

"Oliver Wood?"

"Sebastian Kennedy?"

"Logan Jule?"

"Blaise Zabini?"

Everyone laughed when Dean yelled, "Draco Malfoy?"

Harry stood up and scowled. "I'm going home." He declared.

"We're just poking fun at you!" Ron said. "You don't have to leave!"

"I'm getting tired." Harry said shortly. He apperated to Grimmauld place. He sighed and fell into his bed.

"Harry?" A voice from downstairs called. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, Sirius, it's just me." He called, slightly muffled due to the pillow in his face.

"Okay, glad you're home safe!" He yelled.

Harry rolled on to his back and sighed. He went to look at his wrist for the time and froze. He left his watch at Andromeda's house.

He sighed and rubbed his face. He pulled his wand out of his pocket and cast a Tempus. It was 1:46. He groaned and put his wand on the nightstand next to his bed.

'I'll go back later,' he thought. Slowly falling asleep.

Harry was woken up by a sandal hitting his chest. He bolted up right and glared at Sirius, who smirked smugly at him. "Morning, sunshine." He said.

"I hate you," Harry said, getting out of bed.

"It's already eight," Sirius said, shrugging. "Here." He tossed him a hangover potion. Harry wasn't very hungover, just a small headache, but he swallowed it down anyway.

"I have to pick up my watch from Andromeda's, I left it there on accident." He said as he began changing into clean clothes.

"Tell her I say my hellos." Sirius smiled as he left.

After Harry was somewhat presentable, he apperated to the driveway of the Tonks Manor. He knocked and waited for Andromeda to answer the door. He was surprised when Draco was the one to open it, wearing an apron.

"Potter?" He asked, eyebrows creased.

"Erg- I left my watch here." Harry said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Draco moved, inviting him in. Harry went to the guest room he stayed in. Sure enough, his watch laid on the nightstand. He put it on and walked into the kitchen where Draco was helping Teddy decorate sugar cookies. Teddy had frosting all over his face and hands. Harry leaned against the doorway, a lopsided smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked Draco. Draco looked up, his mercury eyes meeting Harry's green ones.

"Babysitting," Draco smiled.

Harry's chest fluttered at the sight. "Oh. Where's Annie?" He asked.

"Visiting my mother in France." Draco said. "She tried calling you, but you didn't answer."

"Oh." Harry nodded. "Can I make a cookie?"

"Yeah!" Teddy yelled.

"I don't see why not." Draco shrugged.

After an hour or two, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." Draco said, setting down the hot chocolate that he made.

"Erg- Malfoy?" It was Sirius. "Um, you look... different."

"... yeah." Draco said awkwardly.

"Are you...?"

"Erg- yeah. I was bitten, back in '99."

"Right. Well... is Harry here? I was a bit concerned. It doesn't usually take an hour and a half to get a watch." Sirius said.

"Erg- yeah. Come on in."

Sirius entered the kitchen and smiled.

"Wow, he looks more like Remus every day." Sirius said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

Teddy looked up and smiled. "Hi, Uncle Sirius!"

Sirius returned the smile, though it wasn't as bright.

"Hey," Harry said, biting into a cookie.

"Ugh- manners, Potter." Draco said, nose scrunched in disgust.

"Yeah!" Teddy said, his own mouth full of cookies. "Manners, Pottah!"

Draco smiled, scrubbing a hand through Teddy's frosting covered hair. "Well done!"

Harry rolled his eyes. Sirius snorted.

"We better be off, Harry, I promised you and I would help Molly with her Christmas decorations." Sirius said.

"Of course you signed me up." Harry rolled his eyes. "I'll see you on Friday, okay Teds?"

"Okay!" Teddy said, adding more sprinkles to his half eaten cookie.

"Bye, Potter." Draco said, smiling.

"Bye, Draco."