The Wedding

EARLY UPDATE BECUZ I CANT WAIT 

A very long chapter ahead! Also a lot of cute moments. Please do comment more gol gappas  I love reading what you think.

Arnav was right. White was the right choice to wear on their wedding day.

Kriti looked heavenly in white and the gold working added to her beauty. She was glowing. It has been two minutes since she was brought to sit by him and he hasn't uttered a word, thanks to the fact that he was stumped seeing so beautiful.

Deciding to break the silence, he got closer to her, "you look beautiful, Kritika."

"Thank you. You look beautiful too," she whispered.

"Beautiful, huh? Not handsome?" He teased.

Turning to him, she replied, "nope. You look beautiful." He gave her a full blown smile at that. His smile caught Kriti off guard. He had never smiled like that. It was always a small one and now seeing him like this, she felt goosebumps all over.

Regaining her composure, she took in the surroundings. Their backyard was covered in pink drapes, flowers, and seats. There was faint music being played in the background. Arnav and her were seated on this really decorative couch waiting on their registrar. Apparently, he got stuck in traffic. The guests had been socialising and treating themselves to drinks, their registrar was however running late. Kriti hoped that it didn't make anyone fussy.

"What are you thinking about?" Arnav asked.

"The registrar isn't here yet. What if the guests start getting restless?" She voiced her concern.

"They can leave if they can't wait. It is the two of us getting married and we just need our families beside us." His words had seemed to work their magic as she relaxed the very next minute.

 Soon, Saanvi appeared with some juice for them and was helping Kriti drink it. This gave Arnav the opportunity to have a good look at his bride. Her rose coloured cheeks enhanced her features. The flowers in her hair added to her fragrance of coconut and cinnamon. Her face broke out in expressions whenever she spoke, unlike his blank face. She donned a huge smile right now, talking to her best friend.

The past few days, both of them kept in touch through texts. Nothing too elaborate of course. She'd ask him suggestions on the wedding preparation and he'd provide it, that's how the garden was covered in pink drapes. He'd send her a goodnight text every night and she had sweetly returned it along with his name and now, she was going to be his wife in a few minutes, only if the registrar hurried.

"Jiju, didi ko ghoor ne ke liye aap ke paas puri zindagi hain. Leave her alone now." His sister-in-law, Preeti, Kritika's younger sister called him out pretty loudly too for almost everyone to hear it. She was currently a university student and came home to attend the wedding. The people around them laughed while Kritika just grew more red. Arnav put his head down, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry for that. She doesn't always know what to say." Kritika apologised.

"It is cool."

The registrar had finally come, apologising for his late arrival. Gulping a glass of water, he began to set the papers needed for the marriage.

"You ready?" Arnav whispered to Kritika.

"Yeah, let's do this."

They got up standing in front of the floral archway and exchanged floral garlands. Kriti held Arnav's fingers in her hand and slid the ring on, it was a simple diamond band unlike Kriti's ring. Arnav slid a princess cut diamond ring onto her ring finger. They turned to face the crowd and were greeted with happy faces and smiles.