He wished the same as his dad.

Why couldn't he have picked someone else?

"Tomorrow, I expect you to get in that class, apologise to the teacher and you sit there the entire hour. Why did you even leave, hm? You a pussy like your mum?"

Keeping his glossy eyes on the road, the boy muttered, "he asked me to read."

"He asked you t- he asked you to read and you just stormed out? You put us through all this, just cause he wanted you to read? You better go straight up to your room when you get home, otherwise you'll have bigger problems to worry about than having to read." When he didn't get a response, the man turned briefly to him, "you hear me, hm? I said do you hear me!"

"Y-yeah."

He did as he said, ran up to his room and didn't leave.

Not until the next morning when he walked to school, earphones plugged in and at the highest setting.

He hoped it would drown everything out.

It didn't.

It was a full moon. Everything was heightened. Nothing could stop the emotions bounce off the walls of other homes and onto, rather into, him.

Nothing could help him.

Specially not today.

Levi walked into the woman's office again, headphones still in and head lowered to the floor. She'd told him to meet her in there before lessons started, probably so she could drill him again, maybe leave him in there during break so he could learn his lesson or whatever.

As he walked in today, though, he felt two very strong, very different emotions from different parts of the room.

The teacher sat on her desk seat, and a man sat on the sofa where he'd spent most of his day yesterday. He had dark brown hair and dark eyes, set on him with a look of sympathy.

The teen lowered his hood down, showing off the bed hair that he hadn't bothered to comb down.

"Levi, is it? Why don't you take a seat, yeah?"

He couldn't really hear what he said but he figured out what he wanted with the gesture to the chair placed directly in the middle of the two teachers.

Slowly, he sat down, avoiding eye contact at all times.

"Ear buds out please," the woman smiled, as if she were being kind.

Reluctantly, he did as she said, putting them in his pocket.

Both of them looked at him like he'd just saved the world from hunger and homelessness.

Okay then...

"Levi, this is Mr Crawford. And since I never actually told you my name yesterday, I'm Mrs Ford." They both grinned again. This is weird, right? He's not just overthinking again. "We just thought, since we're under new management, it'd be best if we get it sorted as soon as possible."

New management?

"Yeah, like she said, don't want our new boss thinking we're incapable of keeping our kids in control can we?" Mr Crawford laughed to himself, forced again.

Seemed everyone was faking these days.

How'd they manage to get a new principal in less than a day? It's weird right? The headteacher yesterday didn't tell him it was his last day. And he didn't have any emotions to show it.

"Right, so, are you ready to tell us what happened in English yesterday?"

Levi took in a deep breath, thinking about what his dad said.