Prologue

She has been doubting herself and her capabilities to reach her dreams

DISCLAIMER

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, names, characters, businesses, events, and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. This work also contains profane or vulgar words that may appear offensive to some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without proper credit or prior consent of the author. Please do not plagiarize.

The author does not claim ownership of the media included in this story. All credits belong to their rightful owners.

PROLOGUE

"We can't afford your tuition fees anymore, Agatha. I'm afraid you have to stop this year,"

My head instantly turned to my father sitting on the chair near the balcony. He was holding his fourth bottle of alcohol that night while smoking weed. My hand felt sore and stopped writing. I felt my whole world stop when he announced that I wouldn't be able to enroll this year.

I was okay.

Before he insinuated that.

I scoffed, trying to calm myself.

No.

I don't believe him.

"What do you mean, Papa? I..." my hand balled into a fist when he laughed sarcastically while looking down at me as if I was not his daughter. He stood from his seat and poured the beer all over my body, which caused me to shiver.

I'm going to college next year and my father knew it was my dream.

"You are not going to study again, Agatha,"

My heart broke. Apart from feeling cold from the beer he poured on me, my whole body froze in fear. I can't believe that's possible.

I mean, I don't believe that's possible!

He made me work!

I sacrificed my childhood to save money for my college tuition fee!

I shook my head and gathered the courage to face my father. He was still looking down on me. "How is that even possible? I... Mom and I worked hard for that!"

I was shocked at the way I raised my voice at him. I never do that... I never raised my voice to my father, no matter how mad I was.

I am a horrible person.

"Are you kidding me? Do you think you were able to save that much? And besides, even if you did... Your mother took your money with her,"

I bit my lips in frustration.