Chapter 2

That arrogant girl!! if she wasn't attractive... I swear!!!

I let out a sigh while brushing off the coffee that spilled on my clothes.
Good thing I'm just going on a tour today.

I walked back to the Main Hall because the assigned student who will give me a tour might already be there.

Luckily, I brought a handkerchief. At least I can dry my clothes a bit.

When I returned to the Main Hall, a Chinese-looking girl approached me.

"Hello, are you the scholar of the Armstrong Family?" greeted the Chinese-looking girl with a cheerful smile

"Hello, are you the scholar of the Armstrong Family?" greeted the Chinese-looking girl with a cheerful smile. But her forehead furrowed when she saw my appearance.

"What happened to you?" she asked, puzzled, while looking at my clothes.

"I accidentally bumped into someone," I replied with a smile.

"Ah, a clumsy one, huh? Here, wear this," she said with a laugh, handing me a hoodie tied around her waist

Of course, I accepted it.

"Thank you. I'll return it to you once I've laundered it. I wouldn't want to give it back smelling like coffee," I joked.

"No need. Consider it a welcome gift. By the way, I'm Irin Yuan," she said, extending her hand.

"Monique Carlos. Nice to meet you, Irin. And thanks for the warm welcome," I said with a smile.

"No worries. Besides, I have a feeling we're going to be best friends," she said, smiling. I noticed her gaze shift to my feet, and her forehead furrowed again.

"What about your shoes?" she asked.

Huh?! My shoes?

I looked down at my feet.

Shit!! That girl again.

I sighed deeply out of frustration.

"That arrogant girl I bumped into earlier? She has my shoes, Irin," I said, irritated.

Irin just laughed at what I said.

"Who is that arrogant girl anyway? And how did your shoes end up with her?" she asked, still chuckling.

I scratched my head in response to her question.

"I threw my shoes at her. She was so annoying," I complained to Irin.

"We're definitely going to get along. We're both crazy," she said, laughing.

"But anyway, obviously, I don't have an extra pair of shoes with me, but I can go to my locker. I have an extra pair of shoes there. We might have the same shoe size. I can lend them to you for now," Irin suggested.

"No need, Irin. It's okay," I declined her suggestion.

I didn't want to inconvenience her too much.