Gyuvin tried to avoid their dirty giggles and focus on his work instead. He could not fail his group in this presentation.

Ricky, on the other hand, was baffled. Why were they suddenly insulting Gyuvin like this? Specially with something like his financial state. He felt extremely bad for his friend, yet he couldn't muster up some courage to stop the girls. All he could do was drape his arm over Gyuvin's shoulder. He whispered a soothing 'just ignore them' to his ears.

"Guys, chill. He just got a sugar daddy." Gyuvin's hand formed a fist. He looked down to his shoes and his knuckles kept turning white. He was being mocked, yet he couldn't stand up for himself. Everything they said were true after all. How embarrassing was he ! Ricky probably thought of him like that too. Tears welled up in his eyes. His vision blurry as a few teardrops dropped on his cheap shoes.

"Damn ! such a gold digger." He closed his eyes

"So making fun of someone else's financial state makes you a lot superior huh?" Gyuvin's eyes shot open at that. He was surely sure that voice belonged to Ricky. Was he really defending him?
He glanced to his side and holy yes. Ricky looked furious as he glared towards those girls.

"Ricky, you don't have to take his side. He's clearly feeding off your money."

"Not everyone is like you, are they?" Ricky stated, expression stone cold. Gasps were heard from her friends while the other students who were eavesdropping the entire time, snickered.

"Ricky, it's okay." Gyuvin quietly mumbled, giving a pull to Ricky's black sleeve. He could feel the girls' burning gaze on him. They didn't say anything else but those glares didn't sit right with Gyuvin. He managed to divert Ricky's attention to the presentation at least and silently prayed that things didn't go south from there.

Time went by pretty quickly. The presentation waas kind of alright. Apart from the fact when Gyuvin dumbfoundedly splattered a 'sorry, I forgot', they did pretty well. And Ricky vowed to never forgetting that moment and teasing Gyuvin in every step of his life. He took that so seriously that he wouldn't ever have to say 'sorry, I forgot' about it.

Gunwook and Ryu also laughed a lot, leaving the puppy boy completely red in embarrassment. He dismissed the topic by saying he had to go to work. Gunwook whined a little saying that they should be eating out as a celebration. In the end, they didn't. One, Gyuvin was a part-time worker and two, Ricky said that he needed to do something important. Even though Gyuvin bugged him

What surprised Gyuvin was when he received a package at night. Hearing the bell ring, he naturally thought it was probably Gunwook or his other friends. He shrugged and got up to open the door.

But when a delivery man came into his sight, he squinted his eyes.

"Uhm, how can I help you?" He asked politely, pushing the sheer confusion aside. The man didn't say anything though. He simply stated that he was sent to deliver the parcel at Gyuvin's address and no he was sure that was the right address.

Distressed, he took the package inside and legit stared at that for the past couple of minutes. He wasn't sure if he should open it or not. What if it was not for him? What if the delivery guy truly messed up the address? He tried to do his own business and pretend that the box wasn't there in the first place. But that wasn't working. He got so curious that he got up without finishing his leftovers from last night. He could keep the food as leftovers for the next night, no big deal.

He took the anti-cutter from his desk and slowly teared through the scotch tape which was securely keeping the box closed. It took him a while to cut the layers of tape and open the box completely.

When he dug through the package, his eyes widened. No way ! There really was the latest model of the macbook sitting peacefully in his big palms. He carefully placed it on his single bed and looked in the box again, in hope if he could find something at least to return the macbook to its original owner.

He found a piece of paper, folded. He scurried and quickly unfolded that. He saw korean handwriting, presumably someone unfamiliar with the language wrote it, based on the carefully written letters.

He read through it.

Hey Gyub, I kinda wanted to gift you something. Hope you like it.

— Ricky

Without any second thought, he took his phone and dialled the contact number he recently ticked as a favourite. The call was picked from the other side in a matter of a few seconds. Gyuvin stayed silent to let Ricky speak first.

"Hey, you received the package?"

Gyuvin hummed.

"I see. Did you like it? I wasn't sure if that's the brand you preferred but I didn't know whom to ask—"

"Ricky, do you really think I'm friends with you because of your wealth?"

"Wha– no of course ! What do—"

"Because if you think so, you're completely wrong. Your money and luxury is probably the last thing I wanted. I'm sorry you had to think this way." Gyuvin spoke, voice stern.

Ricky was beyond perplexed. What was Gyuvin playing at? Why would Ricky ever think of him that way? After everything he's done for the elder?

"I'll return the package to you tomorrow. Since it's quite late now and I have to wake up early. But if you want, I can come now still." Ricky's mouth went dry. Why was Gyuvin reacting this way? He thought he would be happy to receive a laptop, specially the latest brand. Wait, was he unhappy with the brand?

"Hey, are you not satisfied with the brand? I can get you something else if you want– how about an ipad? Or maybe some other laptop? I just thought macbook is the best one since I'm used to using it. I mean I don't own the latest model. Or is it faulty or something?" He uttered, hoping any of these was the cause of the brunette's dissatisfaction.

"You're honestly ridiculous, Ricky."

And the call was disconnected right after that.

1.7k words

i think the plot is kinda plotting now?