07 | Wavering Loyalty

Start from the beginning

"Girl, I do be taking care of you after. What you talkin' 'bout?" He wrapped his arms around her neck to hold her, making sure the water didn't get in her face.

"I be wanting to cuddle, duh. At least 'til I fall asleep. You know it don't take me nothing but five minutes." She chuckled.

"It's almost three. I gotta go pick August up. No time for cuddling today ma." He kissed her forehead, and she kissed his lips twice before letting him go.

"Baby you gon' come back home after or you taking him somewhere?" She asked, grabbing her towel to bathe while Dayvon grabbed his to dry off.

"We coming right ba-oh shit, nah, I forgot I gotta go pick up Autumn phone from the sto'. But i'ma be back as soon as I'm done." He wrapped his towel around his waist and grabbed his lotion out of the bathroom pantry.

"You taking her with you?"

"Nah. I think she still sleep." He shrugged, rubbing the lotion in on his arms.

"Wassup? That's ok or no?" He turned his body to look at her when she didn't respond.

"I didn't even say nothing."

"Exactly. That's why I'm askin' is we good." He could tell by her tone that they weren't.

"Yeah Von, whatever."

"Man why you keep doing that? Every time s-never mind. I'ma take her." He walked out of the bathroom before an argument could start, not wanting either of them to become frustrated with the other.

He knew that he was the reason why there was animosity between Autumn and Jasmine but it was still getting on his nerves. His fiancé and the mother of his child were ex best friends who now both lived with him and damn near hated each other's guts. Life was crazy.

Jasmine didn't say anything to him when she got out of the shower, clearly upset with him. He didn't feel like indulging in her attitude right now. It was so unnecessary.

"I'll be back later." He still kissed her cheek after he was finished getting dressed, and when she didn't respond, he just walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind him.

He walked down the hall to the guest room that was now Autumn's full time living quarters, then knocked on the door to see if she was awake yet. She granted him permission inside, so he twisted the knob and pushed the door open.

"Get dressed. I'm taking you with me." Was all that he said.

"Taking me with you, where?" She rose an eyebrow at him while pausing Hunger Games on the flat screen TV.

"Lil' girl just put on some clothes and come on. Hurry up though, we gotta go get August." He told her, then he closed the door without waiting for an answer.

He was sitting in his TRX truck for about fifteen minutes when Autumn finally walked out of the house, shielding her eyes from the sunlight. The sun still shone so brightly even while it was snowing and less than twenty degrees.

Autumn was dressed in a black juicy couture velour set with a black puffer coat over the thin jacket, and she paired the outfit with black Tasman Ugg slippers-which reminded Dayvon to take her to Foot Locker so that she could pick out some shoes since she only had two pairs; Ugg slippers and Ugg boots.