"Walk with me." He adjusted his leather jacket.

"Why aren't you involving the others?"

"They won't understand," he shook his head. He thought I understood the rage he had inside of him. "They are dangerous so I need the best of the best with me."

"Thanks for the compliment," I laughed.

We walked back onto the weapons platform grabbing our gear. My handle was in my back pocket. I grabbed a few more blades sticking them into the sheaths at my hips.

"What are you two doing?" Alec asked.

"Great, I need you to come with us?" Jace motioned for him to join. "We are going to hunt Hodge."

"Lena, I already said no. You can't leave." Alec shook his head. "The clave—."

"I need her with us," Jace reasoned.

"Why?"

"I could use her abilities. We can take down Valentine," Jace said. I watched him as he pulled out more weapons. Alec groaned but started grabbing his bow and arrows. A blade or two. At least he knew his parabatai.

"This is so stupid," Alec shook his head as he looked at me. "We don't need three."

"You can stay," Jace added. I glared at him until he relaxed. "Look I'm sorry everything is just—I'm angry."

"Listen I understand that, but don't go sacrificing others for your hate blaze," Alec spoke in a hushed voice as he looked over at me.

"What are you doing?" Clary asked.

"Going after Hodge, waiting only means Valentine has more time with the cup." Jace strapped on his blades.

"Are you joking?" She looked at me. "Hey don't let your emotion cloud your judgment. You told me that. You helped me see that."

"He's my father Clary. It's different." Jace turned away from her. 

His eyes were on me now. I hated that he was trying to use me as a block between the both of them. It was unfortunate that we were related, yes, but they were going to have to get over this.

"He's my father too," Clary shot back.

"Why don't we all pull up a family tree." I joked. "Let's go." I walked past Clary.

"Lena, why are you going with?"

"I'm keeping an eye on Alec who's keeping an eye on Jace who is out for blood," I said. She let out a sigh as we left.

"How are we going to track him?" Alec asked. "He didn't leave anything behind."

"There's more than one way to track. Stop thinking with your stele," Jace pulled his phone out. I saw him scroll through his contacts clicking on Luke's as he dialed him.

"I will hit him I don't care what kind of emotional struggles he has," Alec scoffed as our arms grazed one another every so often.

"Yeah, well he's hot headed that's for sure," I breathed. 

Alec gave me a small smile as we both looked around the streets. We were out hunting, but things could still be hunting us. Jace hung up the phone with Luke as they tracked him.

It was an abandoned warehouse. That's where he was hiding. Each of us moved through checking to see if anyone was there. We assumed it would be packed, but it wasn't. Jace came out first spotting Hodge. It was only him.

"You forget Jace, I've taught you everything you know," Hodge smirked.

"Not me," I said. His smile fell. We sparred earlier, but I barely showed him anything I knew or taught myself over the years.