𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

"So, our center at the JIF will be Luna Hoshino-chan!"

"Whoo! Pachi, pachi, pachi!"

"How does it feel to have been chosen to be the center?" Ruby asked, holding up a pretend microphone to her glowering sister.

"Well..."

Luna's face turned dark as she glared at her sister.

"I did not agree to this. What are you doing?"

Sometime later, both Ruby and MEM-cho were seated on the couch, looking down at their lap in despair while Kana stood behind them.

"I can't believe you just went ahead and plopped me in the center spot without talking it over with me!" Luna started admonishing them. "You know it's not nice to do something without someone's permission, right?"

Then her gaze turned sharper, like serrated knives. "Actually, I think I know what you're up to... If you guys thought that I would just casually agree because we're filming a video, then you're sadly mistaken," Luna continued firmly.

Crap, she's onto us! Both MEM-cho and Ruby thought together.

"Well, I must admit... We talked things over when the two of us went to karaoke, and we agreed that neither of us would shine as the center," MEM-cho spoke up. "I mean, you did score the highest out of all of us in karaoke and you never said anything about not wanting to be the center, so we just assumed..."

Luna sighed and turned the spinny chair she was seated in away from the others as she fell silent.

"Did you... actually have a reason why you didn't want to be the center?" Ruby asked cautiously.

"Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag," Luna finally said. "Basically...

"I'm just worried about something."

Ruby, MEM-cho, and Kana blinked and glanced at each other. Luna? Worried?! This is so uncharacteristic of her!

"You're worried?!" Ruby exclaimed. "But you never look like you're worried!"

"Yeah, I know!" Luna said, smiling over her shoulder.

...

It's impressive, right?

That's how good I've gotten at masking my emotions.

"What are you worried about, anyway?" MEM-cho asked. "Come to think of it, you did seem a bit uneasy the other day when we were practicing the dance routines. Is it because of that?"

"Er, well..."

"Don't worry! We all need a bit more practice!" Ruby continued as she jumped up from the couch, grabbed Luna's hand and started dragging her away. "Let's get to the dance studio, and while we're at it, you might as well listen to MEM-cho and I sing, Senpai..."

"What."