(v) 'hime

"dating.", a certain dark haired girl paced around her room with impatience and anxiety, with a sadness so overwhelming she didn't know what to make of it.

"dating", her roommate repeated, watching her from her side of the room.

"how can they be dating? they met just now. literally now.", utahime iori collapsed on her bed and tried not to cry.

how she fucking regretted it. the one incident that drove away not one but two people she loved so much. what a mistake.

and you. with all due respect, who the fuck were you. what did you know about him?

"since. the halloween party apparently", mei mei added, as if the fact alone was not already enough to hurt her.

"it's too soon", she shook her head, tears finally falling

"i mean...", mei mei was far more interested in her relationship by this reaction, "didn't you?..."

didn't utahime move on first?

"yeah", she shook her head, drying the tears, "i cheated"

"and this guy that you cheated with, the one you can't tell me about", mei mei sat down next to her, "why isn't he here?"

at this, her face went pale but she changed her expression to a more well rehearsed one.

"not in the picture", she shook her head, "it was just a... mistake."

"i doubt it's gonna last, it's a rebound for fucks sake", mei sighed, "you think it's easy to get over you? look at you. one call will have him coming running back."

"my self respect...", utahime trailed off and then shrugged, "whatever, worth a try".

-•-•-•-

"what did you say?"

"i hung up, what am i supposed to say", satoru's expression was so blank.

and you were just... trying to keep calm. you had the right to be pissed off that his ex girlfriend, the one you were secretly a bit insecure of, had called him at 3am.

lets gooooo you can be pissed now cause you're his girlfriend👏🏼👏🏼

you didn't particularly have any reason to be insecure though, because she'd asked him how he was, AND THAT SHE MISSED HIM and he had hung up in response. you had expected more conversation. you had no idea about what was normal for them because satoru was habitual to steering clear of the topic.

"okay", satoru pulled you into a soft hug, "calm"

"hmmm", for a few seconds, you just inhaled deep and felt better because you had a boyfriend that smelled this good.

"now what do you wanna ask me", he mumbled, and you pulled away.

"why'd y'all break up"

satoru was so hesitant to talk but was trying to get the words out because he owed you that. this was the part that made you insecure. he was not this touchy about any other topic.

"she told me she cheated on me".

you didn't know why but you felt relief. you were relieved that utahime had done something as unforgivable as this. wow. were you a bad person?