(iii) what do you want

"i'm so impressed with you for waking up after staying out all night with-"

"stop saying his name", you sipped coffee with eyes half closed as your back rested against the wall of your bed.

"gojo fucking satoru", mai repeated, standing in front of you, "pissed off his ex too. that's what you call going out."

you sighed deeply as you thought about how the whole night had gone. and about the fact that it was now over. now it was reality time.

you had no idea how you were awake. but you had to have some will power or you were going to fall short on attendance. the only way you could justify your slightly problematic hobby of getting blazed was by not letting it stop your life.

functional, it's called. a functional stoner.

that's right. that's you, functional stoner. you encouraged yourself.

you would take a nap after classes, you comforted yourself, or you would sleep in class if the situation allowed it. you could continue the next episode of the series you were watching.

you slipped your headphones on as you lit the joint you were going to smoke before classes. it was cold. the air in your balcony was cloudy and the sweater you were wearing was fluffy and warm.

your breath turned to frost as you exhaled, and the volume of smoke thickened as you let it out. you thought about gojo satoru as you stared at the back of the academic building you would be inside within the hour.

you entered your class with your eyes narrowed, blissfully unaware of the people talking about you until your roommate realised the look on your face and gestured you over.

"i feel like everyone knows", maki said, giving a particularly sharp stare to a group of girls looking your way.

"oh", your blank expression morphed to deep thought, "i saw that coming so okay, i guess"

"what's the consensus", she asked as you took off your headphones to put them under the desk. you shrugged.

"i don't know, i thought that was it", you looked at the corridor through the open classroom door and thought about how gojo satoru was in the same building as you right now.

"just a one time thing?", maki raised her eyebrows and paused before nodding, "okay"

you didn't ask her to elaborate on her surprise and forced yourself to stop thinking about him. ugh but he was so cute. and so hot. and you were mildly disappointed that you had not had sex with him.

after ice cream, you had both stayed up till sunrise just talking and kissing and cuddling and smoking. you were on the verge of falling asleep when you realised you had to get home.

"okay cinderella", he had put his hands up in amusement.

then he'd kissed you several times before telling you he would see you.

that's fuckboy talk for 'i will now only greet you cordially when i see you publicly'. isn't it? satoru had not yet done anything to the contrary.

clearly, you were not good at not thinking about him. and your train of thought led you through the day, classes and lunch.

you momentarily stopped this pathetic ass daydreaming when the last class for the day concluded and you walked out towards the cafeteria.

jumpscare.

fucking jumpscare, i kid you not.

lo and behold, gojo satoru as soon as you left class. gojo satoru with coffee in navy blue plaid pjs no less. in the corridor of the academic building like he owned the whole place.