"The walls could use some paint," Kiba pointed out when everyone gathered to view the work. The brown walls with brown roof did clash quite a bit.

"We aren't made of money," Sakura sighed. "And taking missions in the capital is dangerous. A single word to the wrong person and we'll have ANBU squads on our tails."

"Yeah, yeah," Kiba waved a hand in the air, Akamaru barking next to him. "I know, just a thought."

Masato chuckled at that, before walking into the building. The inside was one large room and not much else. The door was made of wood by Shino.

"It's certainly big enough," Masato nodded. "I can set up the storage area on the far side, and make some sort of separator just in case."

Sakura nodded at that, "I'll leave that to you then, hospital director," she chuckled.

"Thank you, Hokage-sama," Masato joked back, taking Sakura off-guard with the title.

It had never been her goal. She just wanted to be good enough, a worthy shinobi of Konoha. Well, not of Konoha anymore.

But something was different now. Now that she had been cast from the village she grew up in, she had a new feeling come over her.

Recent events had proven her strength multiple times. A fight with the Tsuchikage, a negotiation with the Mizukage, escaping the Hokage. She was more than a capable shinobi, worthy of her rank and. In that moment she understood that truly, for the first time.

But to be called a Hokage left a bad taste in her mouth, after what the man was forced to do to them.

"We'll need to come up with a better title then that," she quipped back, and a few of hem burst of in soft chuckles.

Shino eyed her curiously alongside Nanako.

______________

Kiba grit his teeth when he smelled them. Four unique scents, the smell of blood lingered on their clothes from open wounds since scabbed over.

"Masato, incoming!" He called out, causing the other boy's eyes to widen before activating the Byakugan.

"Four shinobi, no hitai-ate," Masato declared. "No recognisable uniform. Three of the four have purple hair, aged from pre-teen to young adult. The fourth is old, white hair."

Shino nodded then and sent out his insects to scout their intentions. They were headed right towards them, and so clearly had a sensor.

"All four have heavy wounds. Minor healing has been performed, but without further treatment they will die." Masato assessed.

Sakura, Nanako and Nuhi appeared then, hopping down from the trees. It had been a few months since the boy had joined them and he was learning quickly.

"They're members of the Kodama clan," Sakura explained quickly, moving into position to meet them. "The clan that uses Crystal Release Ninjutsu."

"The older one is Kodama Tsumugi," Nanako continued for her captain. "Their clan never joined with a shinobi village, but they participated as mercenaries during the third and second great wars on the side of Sunagakure."

"I heard all of the Kodama were wiped out during the third war," Shino mentioned offhandedly.

"Supposedly most of them were," Sakura carried on. "Tsumugi is famous for being one of the few who survived. Their population has dwindled due to bounty hunters since. Last I heard there was five left, one of which went rogue from the group at a young age."

A moment after Sakura completed her impromptu history lesson, the group made it into their camp.

"Please," the oldest of the purple haired shinobi huffed a breath. "Help us, please."

Sakura would usually ask questions first, assist potential hostiles later, but they seemed really badly injured. Interrogation could wait.

______________

Masato sighed as he finished up healing all four Kodama clan members. They had already been healed somewhat, but internal bleeding had gotten to them and would have killed them if not treated.

"You're lucky," Sakura stared as she sat across from Tsumugi. "An hour longer and you would be dead."

"I'm aware, child," the woman said. "And for your assistance I thank you."

Sakura nodded towards Masato then, "thank him, not me."

The woman didn't respond verbally, but sent a nod towards the medic.

"We'll let you be on your way as soon as you answer some questions for us, if you don't mind."

As much as it was phrased as a question, it clearly wasn't. Everyone there knew everyone. The Kodama clan knew Sakura and by extension her team via the bingo book, whilst Team Three knew the clan the same way. Both knew which team had the upper hand, and it wasn't the smaller group.

"Why are you in this country?" Sakura asked first, and the old woman scowled.

"Iwagakure," she spat. "We went to offer them our services, and they drive us out."

"Why Iwagakure?" Sakura said, her eyes narrowing dangerously.

"We have no bias towards any village. Iwagakure was doing well on the front, and so we chose them." The woman shrugged. "I'm surprised that someone as prolific a rogue nin as you cares for others allegiances."

"I'm a prolific rogue nin?" Shame stuttered a little and the woman cackled.

"Having crippled an entire ANBU team and escaped capture by the Hokage himself is quite the feat, children," she said. "even if the ANBU'S limbs were reattached with that slug sannin's Ninjutsu."

"I imagined she'd manage it," Sakura nodded in relief. She was worried that the damage would be permanent, and as rough her feelings on Konoha were she didn't wish for their fighting force to be significantly weaker. She had gambled, and it paid off.

"To have even met multiple Kage is something most don't manage, but you have fought a pair of them and sat across a negotiation table with a third." Tsumugi sighed, "children are quite impressive. Even your team here is well above that of standard chunin."

"I am aware," Sakura said simply. She didn't need a rundown of her and the rest of Team Three's accomplishments.

"It makes me wonder why you left in the first place, and over a set of eyes no less."

"They were our teammates eyes, a final gift," Masato grit his teeth at the memory. "They demanded I return them."

"Then that makes a lot more sense," she nodded. "The Bingo Book labels you as bloodline thieves."

"We took why was ours, nothing more," Sakura replied. "Now as much as I'd like to stay here and chat, I have work to do."

Tsumugi nodded at that, but made no move the leave.

"Children," she spoke, turning to her three clansmen. "We are staying here. Help out as best you can."

Sakura's jaw dropped at that.

______________

Space to Breathe - [ Sakura Haruno ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara