"I'm here because I wanna enjoy the chaos! Watch what happens, maybe tag along, traumatize a few people." Bill chortled to himself at the thought of "trauma" and adjacent topics.

Luz looked at him with concern. "That's..." She couldn't find it in herself to finish her sentence.

"Cool? Amazing? Mind-blowing? Mind-tearing? Mind-shredding?" Bill asked, getting closer every time.

Luz backed herself up against a wall. "Um... anyways, me and Eda-"

"And King!" King went beside her and pointed at Bill.

"Right, and King, were going to go to the shop to buy us- I mean, her, some elixir. So... uh..." Luz pointed her hands together, getting less confident as she went on even though she wasn't that confident to begin with. "That... is what we're gonna do. Um..."

"Gee, an elixir, huh? That old buzz must have some curse, huh?" Bill snapped a severed chin into existence and caressed it, thinking. "That could all be solved... if you wanted to make a deal, that is?"

Luz hesitated, but thought about the offer. Eda went between them. "Luz, no. I've already learned how to deal with it. I've been dealing with it for more than 30 years. I don't need a demonic solution."

"But Eda! What if it gets worse? What if your elixirs stop working, and, and..." Luz could feel tears coming to the surface, but tried to ignore it. She failed.

She wiped her eyes, pretending like she isn't crying, and continued. "I already made a deal with him. Something's already gonna happen to me. Can't I at least do this for you?"

Eda looked away before kneeling and looking directly into Luz's eyes. "You don't have to do this for me."

Luz sighed and wiped her eyes again, the tears somewhat drying. "I know."

Eda walked behind her and Luz held her hand out to Bill. "I'll make a deal with you."

"Great!" Bill reached out to shake Luz's hand...

...but she pulled back at the last second.

"Wait!" Luz put her hand behind her back. "Can I make some specifications first? I don't want a repeat of the skull situation..."

"Specifications, eh?" Bill thought about it. "You sure are a smart cookie, Light Bulb. Okay, I'll bite, what are your demands?"

Luz went deep into thought. "I want Eda to be rid of the curse."

Bill looked at her deadpan. "Okay, but how? Why? What does that mean? Do you want me to just remove it from existence? Remove it from her right now? Allow her to control it? It's not called 'specifics' for nothing!"

"Okay, okay," Luz said, "I'll specify. Um... I want you to... put it in a bottle. In liquid form."

"...Why?" Bill asked.

"Just in case Eda needs it again for whatever reason. A-and! She can put it back into the bottle at any time. Is that... fair? Can you do that?"

"Hmmm..." Bill put his hand on his bow-tie and spun it, thinking. "Alright, you've convinced me, kid! But now you'll owe me two favors! Deal?" He held his hand out, it being engulfed in the blue fire seen previously.

Luz hesitated before shaking it firmly. "Deal."

Bill snapped his fingers and Eda passed out, missing the top half of her head with a black substance pouring out. Luz put her hands on her head in shock. "WHAT THE!?" Bill snapped his fingers again, and Eda's head was back to normal. 

"Looking for this?" Bill held a vial full of a black substance, most likely the curse. He lightly threw it towards Luz and she caught it, gripping it tightly. Bill proceeded to poof away, but before anyone could react, Eda started to stir.

Eda woke up, groggily. "Ugh..."

King pointed at Eda. "Eda! Your hair!"

"What about my hair?!" Eda grabbed a hand mirror that Owlbert brung her. "If that maniac did something to my hair, I swear I'll-"

Eda looked at herself in the mirror. Could it be true? Her hair, instead of gray, was a faded orange. She looked at her arms, and there were no feathers in sight.

She didn't know what to say. But she knew what to do. She hugged Luz tightly, almost too tightly.

"Aw, Eda, stop!" Luz said, happily embracing her back. 

Luz waited a little before speaking. "Seriously, stop, I can feel my intestines closing." 

Eda immediately let go of her but still smiled fondly at Luz. "Thanks, kid. You've got more heart than you know what to do with."

Luz smiled back at her before mildly pouting. "I'm kinda sad that we're not gonna be able to see the market, though..."

Eda smiled back at her. "Who says we can't?"

Luz immediately brightened up at this. Eda patted her on the back and opened the door. "Come on, gang, let's go!"

"Woo-hoo!" Luz practically leaped out the door. "I'm gonna steal everything that isn't marked down!" King said, balling his fists into the air. 

"Can I come?" Hooty asked. "No you can't!" King and Eda said in unison.