On my way to the stairs, I pull out my phone to check my messages. In our family group chat, my parents are wishing me luck while Tyler is telling me to act normal for once and not bomb this one. Kate, my best friend, texted saying she has faith in me and I can do anything. As I climb up the stairs, I respond to my family and invite Tyler to go fuck himself in a private message, making sure I won't trip on a step and fall on my face.

When I reach the twenty-eighth floor, I push through the door, a cheerful smile on my face as I answer Kate. We've been friends for most of our lives. She's the sister I never had, and I'm hers. Since we keep no secrets from one another, I decide to tell her about my misogynistic BILF--boss I'd like to fuck.

Just as I hit Send, I violently bump into a firm, warm, and broad body. My phone slips from my hands and falls on the carpeted floor with a dull thump.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologize, lifting my head. My entire frame goes still when I see who I collided with, and my lower stomach does some kind of backflip that I keenly feel.

Of course, of all the people I can run into, it has to be him. Do I have the ability to summon the man with my thoughts?

I stare up into the icy gray eyes behind his glasses. When he sees it's me, he frowns and bends to grab my phone before I can. He glances at the crack on the screen--which was already there before the fall--and then hands it back to me with a shadow of amusement.

"You should look upfront when you walk." His voice is stern and cold, but I barely notice as he adjusts his glasses and my brain goes M.I.A. Damn it, since when do I have a thing for men wearing glasses?

Trying to appear unfazed, I look at the papers in his hands. He wasn't looking either, or this wouldn't have happened. He seems to catch my train of thoughts. "I'm working. You were texting. Not the same." Well, he is kind of right, so I keep my mouth shut.

"Are you looking for HR?"

"Yes, I have to sign my contract."

"Third door on the left," he explains, before going back on his way. After two steps, he turns to me again, hesitant. A faint touch of appreciation veils his stoic expression. "By the way, not too bad, She-Hulk."

Not waiting for my answer, he resumes his course. I stand there like an idiot, watching him walk away. Pride swells in my chest, not because he is my boss, but because he is a fantastic player, and getting recognition from him is grand.

As he walks away from me, I can't help but take a few seconds to admire his form. He's at least 6'1, broad shoulders, narrow hips, and has a lean frame. He isn't buff, but he definitely works out. There is no doubt he does squats. Not with that ass.

Eventually, he disappears into a room, and losing sight of him gives me back control of my brain.

For the tenth time today, I scold myself when I glance down at my phone. My screen is still on, and on it, the message I sent Kate. Hi, babe! I miss you so much already. I can't wait to see you tonight. It's going great, except for my boss, who's both a sexist asshole and the hottest man I've ever seen.

Okay, if earlier I wanted for the ground to open up and swallow me, it's nothing compared to now. I'm one embarrassing moment away from leaving everything and becoming a llama shepherd in the Andes mountains.

Could he have read it? He had his glasses on, so he could have, but he didn't gaze at my phone for more than two seconds, and the cracked screen could have distracted him from what laid behind it. It's very possible he didn't read it. He would have done something otherwise, like fire me, argue he isn't sexist...anything.