After Su Shen finished speaking, the two of them returned to the ward together.

Meanwhile, Su Li had already fallen asleep after eating, and Su Bing was keeping a close watch over him.

Gu Zi offered, "I'll stay up tonight. If Su Li shows any symptoms, I'll call the nurse on duty immediately."

Su Bing shook her head, determined to stay awake and watch over his brother. Both Su Shen and Gu Zi understood the depth of his concern and didn't insist on anything further.

They all understood that it was a big deal for Su Bing that his younger brother was hospitalized again because of poisoning.

In the middle of the night, Su Bing finally succumbed to fatigue and fell asleep by the bedside.

Gu Zi smiled. Su Bing was still a child after all. She went to wake Su Shen up so he could carry the boy to bed.

After ensuring Su Bing was comfortable, Su Shen said to Gu Zi, "Go and get some rest. I'll stay awake and keep an eye on them for the rest of the night."

Gu Zi, who was very tired, readily accepted his offer and lay down on the bed Su Shen had been using earlier. His lingering, pleasant scent on the pillow and blanket made her feel cozy, and she quickly drifted off to sleep.

The next day, the doctor came over to check on Su Li. He told Gu Zi, "Thanks to the timely treatment, he can be discharged today. However, he has to take his medicine for the next month. And he should avoid consuming any prohibited foods."

Gu Zi nodded and requested a written prescription.

Her meticulous and earnest approach was evident, and it moved Su Li, who was on the verge of tears.

He had never experienced such genuine care before, but he didn't want to cry, especially in front of others, so he held back his tears.

As the doctor left, Su Shen entered the room.

He was carrying breakfast in one hand and Su Le in the other.

The nurses in the room couldn't help but admire the couple. "The husband is handsome and the wife is beautiful. They are such a perfect-looking family.."

...

79. Getting Kicked Out

Su Shen placed Su Le on the ground, and she quickly crawled onto Gu Zi's lap. Gu Zi picked her up, and Su Le eagerly pointed at the breakfast Su Shen had prepared, then at her brother Su Li, who was still lying in bed looking unwell. It was as if she was saying, "Mom, let brother have some breakfast."

Her adorable and obedient behavior touched the hearts of Su Shen and Gu Zi.

After they finished breakfast, Su Shen went to handle the discharge paperwork.

Once they left the hospital, the family took a leisurely stroll through the city streets, observing the bustling crowds. Green, grass-green liberation clothing was all the rage, worn by adults and children alike.

Su Li's eyes were filled with envy as they followed the people wearing green liberation clothes, and he gazed at them longingly.

Su Bing noticed Su Li's yearning look. He realized that his younger brother wanted a set of liberation clothing too. However, he was hesitant to ask his father for it because he didn't want to burden him.

He thought that his father already did so much for them, and asking for more might seem immature and selfish. He remembered what Grandma Chu used to say about being sensible and not troubling their father with unnecessary requests.