Yellow

Hellooooo my ducklings! Here is part one. I hope you enjoy- if you've read from out Tumblr, we reworked some things and added some more. Here is the first part of Harry and Ivy. Let us know what you think <3

---------

It had started off innocent enough.

Mr.Styles was always incredibly kind to her. She was 20 when they first met and of course, she had that innocent crush that anyone would. He was tall, handsome, tattooed, beyond generous and so genuine. A producer, he had a lot of money and his home was always the center of their hangouts.

Ophelia, or Lia as Ivy and the people closest to her called her, was a good friend. A best friend, even. They'd become close their first year of college and Ivy ended up at the Styles residence whenever Lia would want to go home- well, Y/N was the one who was the better driver, anyways. It was always stocked with good, healthy food. Mr.Styles baked in his free time and usually he made them brownies or cookies from internet recipes. He was beyond smart, able to help with any question they had except chemistry- he always said he was shit at it. And best of all?

Ivy was his favorite.

Harry liked how respectful she was. She was kind, cleaned up after herself, always listened and kept Ophelia out of trouble. He could overhear at times where she would talk her out of potentially problematic decisions, would cuddle her when she got a bad grade... she cared for her so much, which in turn had him favoring her very much.

It was nothing inappropriate at all. Years later, freshly graduated, she was still a staple in their lives. She was older than his daughter's age and he merely enjoyed when she would sit in the kitchen and talk to him about the Fleetwood Mac album that she had bought with her allowance after Harry introduced her to Tusk. They both had a love of similar music and it was easy to talk to her about it. Her intelligence was beyond her years, and he was happy that if his daughter had a best friend, it was this girl.

Harry was a trusted person in her life. There had been one time where she had been on a bad date, so she texted him from the bathroom to come get her. He posed as a family member and told her they had to go, helping her escape. After the fact, Harry got her ice cream and sat with her to make sure she was okay, as Ophelia was visiting her now ex partner in the next state for the weekend.

When Ivy requested him not to mention it to Lia, he agreed. It was her experience and once she was dropped off safely at her home, she was fine. She knew she could count on Mr. Styles and he didn't seem to mind helping her out.

It all changed 3 years later.

Ophelia and Ivy never lost touch, but after graduation she had gone went to get jobs, and Ivy decided to move. It had been a while since she had gone to her house but Lia would make the drive over to see her. They FaceTimed often, went to dinner and hung out, and on one fateful day she had cried to her best friend, telling her she couldn't do it anymore. Rent in the bigger city was too high, she hated her job, and she was miserable. That had prompted the executive decision that Ivy had chosen to move into a shoebox sized apartment in the town the Styles resided in.

When Ivy had moved a few towns over she had been desperately trying to gain some more independence. Make something of herself. She needed a fresh start, but it had failed miserably. Budgeting made her go under, the job she had started being more and more awful as the weeks passed, she knew she needed to go back to where she had started her adult life. Her own family wasn't a fallback, but Lia was.

It had been a tough decision, but after a brutal breakup she had made the (highly encouraged) decision to move closer to her friend. Unsure of her life choices and an honest need for comfort, she had taken away the independence of truly being on her own like she had anticipated, not able to be fully reliant on herself. She needed company. In some ways she felt like she failed. Having finally left town and gone into the city she thought she had made it- but it didn't feel quite right being away. She missed her family cat, the comfort of her best friend.