The drive was quiet, no one knowing what to say or having the strength to turn the radio on. The group of four just stared out windows- with the exception of Sam, watching as nature passed them by. Once they arrived outside the Clearwater home, Sage offered the mourning siblings a soft, comforting smile. As they exited the truck, Seth offered the two a soft thank you as Leah rushed to enter the home.  Once they had seen Seth was fully inside they drove straight to Sam's.

They were immediately greeted by Emily's shattered expression. For the first time that day, the two siblings broke down, letting their bodies lean into each other as they sat on the couch, Emily's own tears falling onto their shoulders as she hugged them. After a day of being a support system, they finally allowed themselves to feel Harry's death. To feel the abundance of sadness that came with losing an uncle, a family member.

The reservation wasn't just a bunch of people who shared heritage forced to live together, It was a family bound together by culture. It was a group of people tied together through generational pain and torment, weaved together through ties that formed on the astral plain.

She didn't notice when Paul walked into the home, she didn't see all his emotions displayed on his face before he went straight towards their spare room. All she noticed was the tribes missing link, their missing soul. Sage didn't know how long they'd be crying when Sam's phone dinged.  He pulled away from their huddle, reading his text before wiping off his face. "Sue and Charlie are heading back, I told her i'd stay with them for a little bit."

Sage knew the last bit of his statement was directed towards her so she nodded lightly as Emily grabbed the food she'd prepared for them. Sam rushed upstairs to quickly pack, as Sage threw a few other things she knew the family loved into their little dinner bag before making her way back to the couch. She stared at the wall as Sam walked back down, setting a comforting hand on Sage's shoulder before grabbing the food from Emily and bidding his goodbye.

The older girl sat beside Sage, words not flowing between them and soon enough Paul joined them. Eventually the three of them fell asleep, all huddled together, latching on for comfort.

The day of the funeral had approached much quicker than anyone wanted. Sage found herself awkwardly clinging to Emily, Sam, and Paul. Not quite sure how to approach the small family, and she slightly afraid to be near the casket. She was hiding in the rec room when Embry and Jared walked in, immediately throwing themselves into the chairs beside her.

"I hate funerals."

"You and everyone else, I think the last funeral I've been to was Grandma's."

"You looked like you wanted to sink into a hole that day."

"Being the family is a nightmare, you have to be all cordial when you just wanna scream at everyone." Jared raised his brow at the girl as she spoke.

"I clearly remember you screaming at anyone who approached you besides Harry and Billy." Sage looked at the boy with a raised brow.

"Are you still mad about that?"

"I went to give you a hug and you called me an asshole!"  Sage just shrugged and picked up her water bottle.

"You deserved it, I was trying to go to the bathroom." Jared just shrugged as she brought the bottle to her lips, taking a sip as Seth and Leah walked in, seeming avoiding the family room.

Seth flashed the group a tense smile as Leah ignored them and grabbed a donut. Seth whispered something to her and walked over to them, sitting across from Sage. The girl sat up straight and tried to hide her confusion as the boy just stared at her.

"I wanted to thank you, for everything at the hospital, and for slipping all the sweets into the bags of food Emily was sending over." Sage just shrugged and looked down at the table.