Chapter 7

"Kotoha-chan~, will you go to the dance with me?" Koyuki and Akaza stop their writing to look up to Douma as he leans on his fist, not at all studying, instead going for his favorite pastime of simply watching Kotoha. The young woman in question looks up confused for a moment before becoming flustered.

A bit of hesitation and yet she replies.

"Yes..!" Douma nearly tackles her out of her chair at hearing her answer. All the while, red is gathering on her face.

Akaza rolls his eyes, putting his head on the table before lazily looking over to Koyuki.

"Do you want to go to dance with me?" Koyuki would nod, still watching as Douma smothers Kotoha in affection

-and they are still somehow not dating.

THE NIGHT OF THE HALLOWEEN PARTY

The Oni students had a tradition before the dance. Unlike the initiation of the Kizuki, this was only supposed to be a cherry punch.

When Muzan as their prefect raised a glass for a toast, Douma saw nothing wrong with it.

As he had his second drink he couldn't help but think it tasted different and yet familiar. When he swipes his tongue over his fangs, his canines feel sharp.

Kotoha twirls in her kimono, a deep forest green that seems out of place in comparison to the autumn colors but she couldn't say no. Koyuki looked beautiful in her own kimono.

When they had walked out, Kotoha felt the heat rush to her face upon seeing the deep crimson yukata that Douma had decided to wear that night. In the evening light, she takes now on how vibrant he looks.

Douma offers his arm to Kotoha and she gladly accepts. Akaza, in a white Yukata, offers his own arm to Koyuki.

Soon the couples are off to the party, the whole school gathering for the grand celebration.

When they arrive, lanterns are floating to cast soft orange light everywhere. On every major corner, there was a fire for many to sit around and feast. The tables were filled with many goodies and Kotoha couldn't help the thought of trying tempura.

It was all so wonderful.

It was perfect.

The cauldron was pulsing red and Muzan raised his hand once more, blood dripping from an open wound.