Chapter 5

Waking up that morning the next day was fun. Kotoha would wake to the rise and fall of a chest. Someone had opened the heavy door of the library and had missed the two student bodies.

Douma was still out, arm slung over her waist and the other over his head. He snored, sleeping heavily and the underlying smell of sweat was on him. For one of the few guys to actually practice proper hygiene at this age, she was surprised he didn't clean up.

 For one of the few guys to actually practice proper hygiene at this age, she was surprised he didn't clean up

Did he really come searching for her?

Sleep melts away and a tinge of something strikes her, a tear threatening to boil over. She fights it by hiding in Douma's cloak, the piece of clothing much too big for her but had kept her warm in the cool library air.

She looks to the window, still very much dark out, and decides to sleep a little longer. Her legs and arms were very stiff from the position she was in. Her moving to get up would only wake Douma.

She worries about her own feelings later.

Douma would notice the next few weeks that his Kotoha-chan was acting off. Perhaps he had been too harsh in one of their last Latin sessions and he just didn't notice.

Akaza and Koyuki shrugged at him when he asked if they knew what was going on.

It was little things. Her smile didn't stay on nearly as long. Her stays at the library would end ten minutes after he arrived. She would excuse herself from study sessions and other events.

The tournament had ended with the Sureiya winning and the twins bowing as a show of respect and no ill will to each other.

Douma wouldn't care for the ceremony because he didn't find his Kotoha-chan anywhere.

A garden is where he would find her. She sat in the middle where there was a bench.

She was singing so beautifully. The wind going through her hair was making it a truly enchanting sight.

She was gorgeous. Douma would become a poet if he could in order to describe her.

So he couldn't help but shoot up a spell, and a spray of snow started to dance its way down. Kotoha's eyes caught the first snowflake before she slowed her singing to look back at him.

Douma grins, twirling his wand before tucking it away. He made his way over.

"Kotoha-chan, is everything alright?" Douma takes a seat next to her and watches as Kotoha's thumbs fight for dominance on her lap.

She sighs, leaning on his shoulder. He gladly returns the gesture, liking how she presses against him.

He was a touch-starved fool and would gladly eat each time Kotoha served him skin-to-skin contact

He was a touch-starved fool and would gladly eat each time Kotoha served him skin-to-skin contact. Maybe someday he'll tell of the neglect he has dealt with from his parents.

But not today.

"Not everything has been fine Douma...Would you tell me if...anything changed..right?" Douma was a bit confused but nodded. His arm wraps around her shoulders and pulls her in more.

"Of course. I can't leave you in the dark, Kotoha-chan." His chin is put on her head. "Nothing can break us apart. Not even dark magic."

Kotoha laughed at that and finally, she was smiling his way.

It made his heart warm.

In the Oni passage, Muzan writes more in his notes. His brow furrows as he does calculation and a disappointed hum leaves his throat. He does his measurements once more, a cauldron at the ready.

If his notes were correct and they should be with the extended research he has down, this potion would take nearly a year to make and the moon alignment would come next Halloween

His last year would be the mark of a new age.

The age in which demons can roam again and no slayer would be able to stop them.

For now, he'll continue to make sure that his Kizuki and soon the rest of the Oni students have some percentage of his blood running through them.

Soon he would earn his title as demon lord.

His ritual will not be stopped.

Mitsuri and Obanai would report that Uppermoon Two and his friend were getting close.

The Hashira had gathered once again for their bi-weekly meeting.

Shinobu wanted to gag at the matter that had become a trope at this point in their discussions. She had the most disdain for the situation.

Douma was a danger to Kotoha like all Oni students are to the Sanpafu. It was like watching a cat playing with a mouse, waiting for the moment that the feline would pounce and kill the rodent.

Poor Kotoha didn't deserve it and it was too late for Koyuki but her Oni friend was a half-blood and didn't have a record of regularly drinking blood as a child.

Tengen and Mitsuri were making bets on the matter, thinking it to be more innocent than what was at stake here.

Her sister smiles her way, understanding why.

Douma in his first year here had purposely challenged a student to cut them with his fans. Shinobu had destroyed the silver fans at the time before the Oni student could lick the blood that was upon them.

That seemed to trigger a series of pranks that Douma had done over the years, strengthening the hatred Shinobu had for the young man.

But last year had slowed down dramatically.

Only for Kotoha to be his new plaything.

Shinobu has vowed to personally take care of the demon if he did anything to the girl.

Kotoha laughs when Douma and her are leaving the hall after supper.

Kokushibo and Yoriichi watch the two leave and are soon back to eating. They had no need to exchange words. Though their academy may have put them in different houses, that didn't stop them from being brothers.

Yoriichi was informed by his twin that something was amidst. Yoriichi didn't know what it could be but he would surely need to practice dueling more.

Not that he needed it but it made his Aniki feel better to know he was prepared.

Repairs have happened and Douma STILL doesn't know what he did.

--
Douma: Kotoha-chan, can we sleep together again?
Akaza spitting out his drink.
Douma is then instantly tackled to the ground.
--
Thoughts?

What could possibly push them together?

Me: Any ideas Muzan?
Muzan hard at work for world domination.