Chapter Eight: Doctors & Demons

The doctor crossed his arms, giving Jack a small smirk before telling him with self-assurance. "Subject 1-14-20-09 is under completely under control. You don't need to worry about it. He is not the one messing with time. We will capture him shortly. For now, I want you to rest, Jack. You're very important to us." Tugging on the restraints, Jack shot back bitterly. "Then why are you treating me like a prisoner! Let me go! I wanna see him!" The doctor glanced at the camera prompted up in the corner, before telling him casually. "You're not a prisoner, Jack. We are just keeping you healthy and safe. Should we need your help with Subject 1-14-20-09, we will know where to find you." Narrowing his eyes on the doctor, he snapped out bitterly. "His name is ANTI! And you have no idea who you're messing with." Turning on his heel to leave, the doctor simply announced. "We've been doing this a long time, Mr. McLoughlin. We know what we are doing." The doctor slipped from the room with his staff and Jack shouted out before they closed the door. "How many times has he gotten out?! How many times have I been here?! ANSWER ME!"

They closed the door without another word and Jack cursed loudly. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself, he turned his head to look at the cameras as he snapped out to the person watching. "You don't know what you are doing! Anti isn't something YOU can control! Anti is... Anti is..." Jack drifted off as flashes of himself staring into the screen of a video camera came to mind. Seeing his own reflection come to life. Memories of his younger self recording videos and getting video replies the next day from recordings of Anti. Swallowing, Jack mumbled out as the memories faded a bit. "Anti is... me." Blinking, Jack gasped out to the cameras. "HEY! Is Anti active right now?! TELL ME! Is he awake?! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!" When no answer came, Jack thrashed against his body restraints and panted out after. "Anti is dormant when I'm awake... That's why you fuckers don't care. That's why you want me here! Isn't it?!" Shaking his head, Jack mumbled out to the ceiling. "That's why Anti wanted me to stay asleep... That's why they used me to wake him up... Anti is still connected to me."

Relaxing on the cot, Jack chuckled out. "Well, then I'll never go to sleep again. You can't use him. If I won't let him regain consciousness!" A small laugh left, Jack until he saw the I.V. and followed it to the medicine that was dripping into the tube. Swallowing hard, he shakily whispered to himself. "Oh, fuck me... You're not going to give me a choice are you...?" Closing his eyes in defeat, his hands trembled as he realized how little control he had over his life. Like Anti... he was an experiment. Something they valued and wanted to control. His anxiety only increased when the doctor returned with his staff sometime later. Thrashing in his restraints, he pleaded with them not to touch him, but they ignored him. Taking his vitals, the doctor told the aids calmly. "He's doing well. Give him something to help him sleep." Shaking his head, Jack blurted out hysterically to him. "NO! Don't do that! You'll wake him! You'll-" As the liquid slipped into his veins, he felt suddenly drowsy and unfocused.

The doctor waved the others out, then leaned over the bed to whisper to him. "Mr. McLoughlin. Let me fill you in a little. See... Your body's exposure to Antimatter in the village has left your body... weakened. Separating you from the subject is our top priority to save both your lives. And at the same time, we need to contain this dangerous entity. Learn about it and others like it. Learn where they came from. Why they are coming here." Groggily, Jack uttered out in sleepy shock. "Others? Anti's not the only one? Who else...?" Jack couldn't finish as the medicine kicked in hard. The doctor tapped his shoulder, telling him in a confident whisper. "What we really want to know... is why this Time Thief keeps bringing others like you to our dimension. At this rate, we will run out of rooms." Jack couldn't say a word as his body fell into a forced dreamless slumber. Once Jack was asleep, the doctor sat up and pressed a finger to his earpiece to inform the lab professionally. "Subject Zero has been dosed. How is Subject 1-14-20-09 looking?"