Chapter Fifteen: A Dangerous Threat

Cato and Clove were blissfully happy, the games nearly forgotten as the days passed with ease. It almost felt as if they were on a camping trip. Both get up to watch the sunrise and then have a lazy day marred with some hunting for food. It seemed as if all the tributes were respecting each other's space and coexisting. There had been no trace of anyone, both keeping a close eye out. So nothing seemed better than to spend the day together, talking about anything they possibly could.

"What do you want to name the baby?" Cato asked one morning, surprising Clove. He usually steered clear of the baby topic, not ever showing her how he really felt about her being pregnant.

"I want a name with a C," Clove said with a smile "You know Clove and Cato." Cato chuckled quietly, reaching up to stroke her hair

"I hope the baby has your hair." He said quietly, pressing a gentle kiss to her shoulder.

"I hope the baby has your eyes," Clove said in response.

"Do you want a girl or a boy?" Cato asked curiously, seemingly more excited about having a baby than before.

"A boy," Clove admitted with a small smile "I want a boy," As Cato opened his mouth again Clove pressed her finger to it, shushing him "What do you want?" Clove asked, "You've asked enough questions."

"I want a girl," Cato said with a smile, staring off into the distance "Who looks just like you a has your attitude." Clove laughed, playfully slapping him, Clove almost spoke up thinking he was done, but he continued. "I want the three of us to get a house in two," He said with a smile "Far off from everyone else, with acres of land to ourselves and for her to run around."

"That sounds nice." Clove mused, laying her head against his shoulder gently.

"Maybe we'd have another kid," Cato said softly "A boy for her to run around with all day." Clove was shocked by the vulnerability he was showing, a tear running down his cheek. "And maybe," He said, his voice cracking "Just maybe, we wouldn't have to worry about either of them dying in the games."

"That would be nice," Clove agreed "No games." But while the two were wrapped in bliss, they didn't realize the effect they were leaving on the capitol. It all started when Cato uttered those words, all of the mentor's eyes widening as he spoke.

"He can't say that," Finnick said slowly "Can he?"

"He can't," Brutus said, dumbfounded "But he just did." Enobaria felt a bad feeling overcome her as she shivered.

"What's wrong?" Finnick asked, noticing her slumped-over position.

"I have a bad feeling," She admitted "I don't know what it is I just have a bad feeling." Everyone went silent, Brutus silently taking one of Enobaria's hands in his for comfort. As if on cue the doors swung open, revealing no one but President Snow himself. The four of them held back a gasp. The President was never around without his servants following him, or his soldiers there to protect him. Yet here he was alone.

"I need to speak with Enobaria," He said, his voice sharp "Alone."

"We're not leaving her alone," Finnick said firmly, planting a hand on her shaking shoulder, grounding her "Whatever you say to her you can say to all of us."

"Perhaps you've forgotten the control I have Mr. Odair," Snow said, with a wicked smile "I would hate for something terrible to happen to poor Annie Cresta." Finnick's face hardened and he practically sprinted out of there, probably in search of Annie. Finnick Odair was just about the strongest person Enobaria had ever met, winning his own games at only 14. Yet Annie remained his weakness, and he couldn't bear to lose the woman he loved more than anything in the world. Enobaria knew that Finnick would give his own life if it meant that Annie could live. "Brutus I don't think you've forgotten about our deal," Snow said, and Enobaria instantly laid her eyes on Brutus, her gaze sharp.