Fifteen | Wreath

Holly

The last time I kissed a man was seven months ago. Megan dragged me to a small concert near Redmond one night after lounging in our pajamas and sharing a bottle of Merlot at my apartment complex. She was telling me how long it had been since she had sex and needed to find a man that night or she was going to dry up.

Her words.

I was dancing under the LED lights, swaying to the beat of the music until someone wrapped their palms against my waist. It's the same feeling that I'm having right now as Rhett moves his hands down my lavender bib, only this time I don't tense up like I did that night.

The guy whispered in my ear something dirty and I wanted to like it... gosh, I tried to like it, but something wasn't right. I ignored my self-consciousness and turned around, slipping my hands around the said stranger's neck before he dipped his head and kissed me.

It was so gross and rushed and all I could focus on was the taste of whiskey and cigarettes on his breath.

It didn't last long and I told myself and Megan that I'd never kiss another man unless I actually like or care for the person.

I can't believe I like Rhett.

I care about Rhett.

Suddenly, I lose all train of thought when his lips move so effortlessly against mine. There's no training. There's no certain move he should make to have me weak in the knees because I'm already there. His hands grip my waist, making a moan fall past my lips that only has him holding me tighter. Rhett groans into my mouth, sliding his tongue inside just barely before my own meets his.

We're a tangled mess, standing outside in the freezing cold, listening to the sound of boards sliding against the snow. Someone laughs in the distance at a child who only giggles even more. If I had to guess, it was their kid but I'm so caught up in the fact that I'm kissing Rhett that I press my body closer to him.

Our lips break away for only a second as we find our breath, swallowing down the chilly Missoula air before he pulls me back into his chest and takes my mouth. I can't stop the whimper from leaving my lips and this only has him smiling against mine.

"The noises you make are going to be my ruin."

I open my eyes at his words. The yellow in his are so bright as the sun shines down on us. It should be a crime at how beautiful he is. A man should never be this handsome. It's going to cause me to do things I know I can't come back from.

"Rhett," I manage to let out in a whisper. He stares back at me while I try to gather my thoughts, but he has a mind of his own. Without wasting another second he leans his head forward to kiss the spot I love the most. "Oh, God."

He presses the lightest kiss on my exposed neck just right below my left ear. I moan again only this time a little louder than I planned to. I'm sure the entire mountain heard the rumble that came from my throat.

Rhett's mouth is now covering my ear. "Do you want everyone to hear the things I do to you?"

I swallow nervously, only this time excitement balances it out. "I'm sorry."

He shakes his head with a grin. "Don't be. The fact that you want to get caught only makes my cock even harder," he breathes out in a rush. "Fuck, Holly. What are you doing to me?"