The waitress came and took their drink orders giving them both time to think about what they'd tell each other next. 

          "You still not looking for a relationship?" Neem said the minute the waiter stepped away. 

          "I'm not necessarily looking..."

          "I know you not looking  but I don't wanna stop being around you and since you're not comfortable being around me just accepting gifts, I wanna do this the right way."

          Maya almost choked on her water. 

          "Neem you told me you haven't been with no girl before, are you sure you're ready because I'm not trying to waste any more time. I'm grown now" 

          "I mean I know what I want. I usually don't but now I do" 

          "I don't feel like we're in a position to rush into a relationship though." 

          She often went into this state of protecting herself around guys so for her to be vulnerable was almost out of character. At this time she was not about to just say yes to nothing serious.

          "We don't gotta rush"

          "Before we get to that point I just want us to learn more about each other. I want us both to be comfortable, you feel me?"

          "Yeah, I understand what you mean now"

          The rest of the date went by without any more serious conversation, just small talk here and there. 

          "When's your birthday?" Maya asked looking over at him in the car. Since it wasn't too late he offered to take her shopping again since they weren't on good terms when Christmas passed, so they were on their way to the mall.

"It was November 5th"

          "November 5th so you a Scorpio- Wait wasn't we in Paris around that time?" She looked over at him.

          "Yeah" 

          "Why didn't you say anything? You could've at least told me"

          "I didn't want our trip to be all about me, I went to take you" He shrugged

          "That doesn't mean we need to forget it was your Birthday. You not supposed to be just forgetting about yourself and doing everything for me" 

          "I didn't grow up celebrating my birthday" Maya was genuinely concerned.

          "Why? Was it a Religion thing?" 

          "No, just no one really paid attention enough to care. They had more important things to do" 

♡︎♡︎♡︎

          "My mom passed away when I was real young so she wasn't around for most of my life," Neem said fidgeting on the couch in the Chanel store, hardly able to look her in her eyes. 

          "Can I ask why she passed?" Maya was just sitting there listening to him closely, happy he finally was trusting her enough to tell her this.