𝟏𝟑

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

          It was the next morning, and Maya was making herself breakfast. Nehemiah never came back last night, but apparently he did because when she woke up, there were more flowers on her counter, along with another stack of money. 5 thousand to be exact.

          She hated how he'd just leave and return whenever he felt like it, but she was stuck between letting herself like him and keeping her guard up. She wouldn't hear from him for days then he'd come back and talk to her like he didn't just basically forget about her.

          He was very inconsistent, but the one thing he was consistent about so far was treating her right, and she had every right to love it.

          She had sent him a thank you text for the flowers and money, but he had yet to respond, so she just continued on with her day. At this point she was expecting him to probably pop up at her place in the next few days to chill with her, but she was fed up with that.

          She still knew she wasn't ready to be in a relationship, but she didn't like this playing around stuff with him. Was he just giving her money, or was he trying to get with her? She didn't know.

          Maya used the money Neem gave her to get her nails, feet, and eyebrows done today. Her hairstylist was unavailable until tomorrow, so she had to wait.

          She had a test this morning and passed it. She knew she would, as she always did. She was just a bit stressed about end-of-the-year finals approaching. Her studying time had to increase, especially since this was her last year of college before she had to do nursing school.

          The day was basically over, and Maya was just at home listening to Summer Walker while washing some dishes and tidying up, just like always. Her days got boring a lot, but she knew when she actually became a nurse and was making the money she was happy with, everything would change, or at least that was what she was looking forward to.

          But she was even more bored now that she wasn't working. To Maya, being busy kept her productive, and now she just felt like the days were passing her and that she had to go out of her way to find things to do, which she never liked.

          Staying home was always cool and all until she already cleaned everything, had a fridge full of groceries, and her personal maintenance was up to date. Watching TV all day was boring her to death and made her feel sluggish. Growing up, She was taught that too much idle time led to failure, and that was her biggest fear.

          She felt she was risking her future for a guy that didn't even like her and just wanted to give her money. It was all just overwhelming, and she needed to stop overthinking it, but the thoughts wouldn't leave her alone.

          Lately, she's been thinking about going back to work without telling Neem, but she still needed time to think because even though she enjoyed staying busy, she had a lot more time for herself than normal, and she knew prioritizing herself was always more important than anything else.