Normal day

It's another day like any other for me. I get up, go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, get dressed and then ride my motorcycle to work. I have just arrived and already see my boss walking in my direction.

"Mhok, you already have a customer. Treat him well, he seems to have a lot of money and only asked for you," he says to me and leaves again. I nod to him briefly and then take off my helmet and go to the car repair shop, where I already see the person named by my boss standing by the car. He hears my steps and looks in my direction.

"Oh, you're Mhok, right?" He asks and stretches out his hand for mine. With a nod and a short "yes" I confirm his question and shake his hand.

"What can I do for you? Why did you explicitly ask for me?"

"We're about the same age, you don't have to be polite. To answer your question... I heard that you should be the best here in the car repair shop. My car has problems, but I can't say which ones. Are you helping me? I also pay well"

"Sure" comes as an answer from me.

"Cool," he says and pats me on the shoulder briefly.

"I'll wait outside then."

After an hour, I found the problems, so I go out to him to tell him about it.

"Well, I examined your car, unfortunately you have to leave it here for a few days so that everything can be fixed sensibly." He looks at me a little worried.

"How long are a few days?"

"I don't know, I would say 7 days, but I can't promise anything"

"Hey man, that's not possible," he says and is starting to get a little nervous.

"I'm sorry"

"Look, I need my car as soon as possible. My brother is dependent on me and I have to drive him to different appointments this week." But that's not my problem? He can simply book a taxi or another ride. And why is his brother dependent on him?

"I'm sorry, but I can't do it any faster, we have a lot to do at the moment as you can see. A week and I fixed everything, okay?" He looks at me in panic and starts his next sentence.

"You don't understand. My brother only sees 20% and he has no one else to take care of him except me. I need a car. Don't you have any replacement vehicles?" He can only see 20%? Has it been since birth or how did it happen? And why doesn't he have anyone to take care of him? I thought he seemed to have money and... The snapping of his fingers gets me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, wait a second!" He almost screams and grabs my shoulders with both hands and smiles at me. I just give him a confused look.

"You came here with your motorcycle, right? What if you drive him to the appointments? You guys are the same age and I'm sure you would get along well, besides..." He wanted to keep talking, but I interrupt him.

"Hey, man, I'm sorry for your situation, but I don't know you, him or working with an almost blind person. Try to find another solution, because I'm not. I'm just repairing your car and that's it, okay?" I take down his hands still resting on my shoulders and he looks at me sadly without smiling.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I also don't know how I came up with such an idea. If you change your mind..." he says, packs in his trouser pocket to get his wallet out and pulls out a business card.

"...Then call me. Of course, you will also be paid." He gives me the card, I take it, look at it briefly and nod to him.

"I have to keep working now. Maybe I'll get in touch, but probably not"

"Just think about it," he replies to me, smiles at me and hits me slightly on my left shoulder. Then he says goodbye.

What kind of strange interaction was that? I haven't experienced anything like that yet.

But... should I consider it? I'll think about it.