Chapter 17- A farewell

Start from the beginning

" She'll come around, she's just scared." Faye assures them.

" I know, and she doesn't want to admit it." Sek whispered the last part getting everyone to laugh. " How does she go to the bathroom?"

" Julie is pretty independent. Dad got her a wheelchair... Cool!" Kora immediately cut in in between sipping his drink, then he realized just how childish he sounded and cleared his throat, " I mean, it's great she has something to support her."

Faye couldn't help but chuckle. He liked her so much he was willing to act older just so she wouldn't see him as a kid.

" Can we also use the wheelchair?" Sek asked the question on his mind. They were twins indeed.

" Of course, I just wonder if she'd be okay with sharing." Faye shrugs.

" She's my best friend, of course she's going to accept. Besides, she shaved my doll bald, remember? She owes me one." Sek scoffs dramatically

" You told me you were totally over it!" A familiar voice gasped from behind.

" Julie!" Sek exclaimed excitedly. She was up with puffy eyes like she'd been sleeping for a long time. She was in the wheelchair and pushed herself towards them. Sek run to embrace her best friend

" So you could hear us this entire time?"

" No, I just got here." She stated.

Sek stood staring at Julie's feet curiously. They looked so pale, even her toes.

" Er-emm" Julie cleared her throat to draw her attention, " Face is up here."

Sek looked up.

" Nail polish?" Sek suggested with a mischievous smile and Julie retuned the same smile to Faye.

" No, no. You painted the entire living room with it last time. I can't scrub another carpet."

" Come on Kuky, we're not going to be messy, I promise." Sek pleads

" Then it's going to be outside."

" I can work with that. But..." She cut off their little jubilation, " Julie needs footwear."

" I'll go get it." Kora offers setting his cup down before heading up the stairs.

He came down with a pair of Crocs and bent over putting them on Julie's feet.

" Done!" He announced.

" Fine, I'm going to get the nail polish. Kora, you're not doing any of this." Faye warns him dragging him with her to the living room, " What's that you brought along anyway?"

" It's signatures from everyone at the dance academy. They want to say Get well soon to Julie."

" I'm guessing everyone must miss her." Faye says picking up the book and flipping through, " Don't worry, Julie will be coming there soon."

" She better hurry, she's missing out on the new formation. I know she can't dance but at least she can watch us."

" That'll be great." Faye smiled at the colourful pages. She went over to the cabinet and picked up the nail polish set. She called out to Sek who came running in for the pack.

" Thank you!!" She beams dashing outside with the nail polish in hand.

" So what you got?" Faye asked Kora who grinned.

" We're doing a new dance. Do you have I Feel Nice?"

" I think so." Faye says picking up her phone.

" You really want to see it?" He asked curiously.