Chapter 3- Death

Lewis Capaldi- Hold Me While You Wait.

Home for some of them was a disastrous freak show. Kweiba's aunt had sprinkled every single doorway in the house with a skeptical oil that made you cringe. According to the much more mature of her siblings, First, her mother claimed she was purifying the house of bad spirits. Kweiba's bed had some strange leaves scattered around it.

She felt like an intruder, like she was being kicked out. Half her clothes had been burnt up and her aunt insisted on her siblings keeping a one meter distance from her.

Healenore's sister was home and almost fell over in shock at the sight of her twin sister. She thought she had successfully ended her in the dorm. It was war all over again and her parents were still blind to it.

Ciarra walked into an empty house after Jasmine picked her up from school. Jasmine had a phone call as she searched her bag for the keys to the house while Ciarra stood on the lawn outside. Her first gaze fell on Roland's quarters.  Then on the car and all of a sudden, all sensibleness rushed out of her. She was struggling to breathe. She kept her eyes closed but she just couldn't keep them closed for long enough until she saw a shadow from the corner of the house behind the tulips.

Jasmine hadn't noticed as she continued her conversation on the phone whiles searching for the keys to the house.

Ciarra couldn't even hear her. The shadow moved again and this time she could feel herself tremble as her heart raced. As if on instinct she dropped her backpack and dashed behind the car, kneeling next to the tyres trying to cover her ears from the sound of Roland's voice echoing in her head. She was having a full blown panic attack and it was very scary.

Jasmine glanced at where she stood and realized only her backpack  strewn to the ground. Where was Ciarra?!

She quickly ended the call and run up to the bag calling out Ciarra's name. On instinct, she went around her car only to find her baby sister crouched next to the tyres of the humming car  with her hands to her ears. Ciarra hadn't even noticed her presence. Jasmine knelt next to her and reached for her hand.

" Junior, it's me, Jasmine. Come on get up." She called at her and Ciarra glanced at her, a film of tears clouding her eyes, " It's okay. Come here."

It took a lot more than cajoling to snap her out of it. She had to relate funny memories she had with her as a child to get her to relax. That was when Jasmine decided Ciarra was not ready to go back to that house. Maybe a different place would be better. She decided Ciarra should live with her and Vincent until she received the help she needed because if she had such panic attacks alone, it would be messy.

She helped her back in the car and drove out of the house. As she drove up the highway she kept glancing at Ciarra in the backseat through the rearview mirror. On their way from school she sat in the shotgun but after what happened, she claimed she wanted to stay in the back. Ciarra stared blankly at the passing sceneries in the window.

" I'm fine." Ciarra replied after noticing Jasmines consistent glances.

" I am your sister Ciarra McAllister-Attoh Junior, so I'm not going to lie to you. Sweetie, you need help." Jasmine reasons," If there's anything I know is that that school you attended has taking a toll on your life."

" I never failed a class."

" Not academically CeeCee, I'm talking about the girl you were a few months ago. It's like you grew up ten more years in those few months. You used to be my slightly gullible adorable sister. Now you talk to me monotonously and you seem to always have something on your mind. You're only fourteen Junior, and I'm afraid if that school doesn't realize that, then Dad will be pulling you out of it."